Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
NB-DanTE
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:00 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
yesterday i have tried to play Q3A , i have found many servers(8,very laggy) but no OC-DC servers were there!!
is this happen just with me or with everybody?
Posted:
Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:47 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
They are indeed down temporarily. I canceled the hosting service because the servers were not performing to my expectations. There were conflicts where the windows server was unable to run a Tribes Aerial Assault dedicated server for the PS2. Besides there being a good ping, there was this strange lag that would inducing erratic latency.

Also, the linux server which hosted the Dreamcast Q3 servers was in Los Angeles. It was laggy as well, even when I was playing from my BBA. Servers in Los Angeles are very far away from Europe.

So, I didn't feel the money I was putting towards these servers was going to good use.

I am purchasing a new server shortly at a different company. It will be a windows server only for now to test the waters, and then if the performance is good I will purchase another server for Linux.

Basically I will switch to a new hosting company each month until I find one that is able to run the games without lag.