Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:37 pm
quote : #46
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Hey segadreamcaster does this link work with Dreamkey? I finally got my hands on maximum pool Mr. Green
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:42 pm
quote : #47
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hey,

Should work fine with Dremkey Smile Probably needs an update now though

EDIT:

Ok, now updated and should show six rooms as of this posting Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
GrooveyDisco
rank 6
Posted:
Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:12 pm
quote : #48
Finally got Maximum Pool too going online tomorrow (Sunday) should download the patch then and be ready for some online time Very Happy

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:38 am
quote : #49
When I tried it, none of the servers besides the online consoles one showed up. I wouldn't be surprised if the PC users' servers were taken down, but even segadreamcaster's server didn't show up. How many servers does everyone else see?
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:59 am
quote : #50
Hold on a few minutes while I update the save.....

Posted Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:06 pm:

Ah, seems my host is down at the moment so will upload the save later.

Sadly the save just goes out of date very quickly due to the constant changes in IP address. Mine doesn't show usually because I don't leave it up anymore, I did at first but now I just have it up when needed.

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Saturn
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 pm
quote : #51
I haven't been on Maximum pool for a while now, i shall go ahead of time and say thank you for the update when you've uploaded it.
PSO: Saturn

Selling my Dreamcast Broadband Adapter, contact me via private message if you are interested
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:12 pm
quote : #52
Saturn wrote:
I haven't been on Maximum pool for a while now, i shall go ahead of time and say thank you for the update when you've uploaded it.

Hey,

No probs, all updated Smile

Just goes to prove how impossible it is to keep this up to date...during the time I was waiting for my host to come back online, one of the IP addresses changed, just a few hours and there is a change Sad oh well

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:40 pm
quote : #53
I'd just like to point out also that this is why running a dedicated room for a game like Maximum Pool is so important. Some people may not 100% understand the role that say OC's servers play with regards to online gaming and why we pay for a dedicated machine hosted in a data center. Some of the frustrations segadreamcaster is expressing there are the very reason why running a dedicated machine, on dedicated bandwidth is so valuable.

On a side note I just want to say props to segadreamcaster on sticking with the MaxPool vmu save updates like he has been doing. Though I am sure by now, the entire situation is driving him a little nuts hehe.
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:45 pm
quote : #54
Yeah, having the dedicated room is incredibly important.....the updated save is great but without the dedicated room it would be very difficult for people to arrange a meetup without hosting their own room, especially with the increasing changes in the IP's of other rooms.

As for driving me nuts....yeah I guess it could get that way..lol...would probably need to check it daily to keep it fully up to date but I generally just check it every few of weeks or when someone mentions it is out fo date. think I would go mad if I was doing it every day..lol

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Saturn
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:43 am
quote : #55
I bet it drives you mad now?
PSO: Saturn

Selling my Dreamcast Broadband Adapter, contact me via private message if you are interested
MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:01 pm
quote : #56
I, too am thankful for your persistence. The only problem is that your website seems to be down. Is anyone else having problems accessing it?

I would also like to know how the file is edited. When I downloaded a previous version onto my PC, I tried to edit it with notepad, but it didn't have much info. (The extension also wasn't .ini.) I have access to an FTP server. I could try to edit the file myself, and put it on my Dreamcast VMU in the future, if necessary.
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:02 am
quote : #57
MasquedWarrior wrote:
I, too am thankful for your persistence. The only problem is that your website seems to be down. Is anyone else having problems accessing it?

I would also like to know how the file is edited. When I downloaded a previous version onto my PC, I tried to edit it with notepad, but it didn't have much info. (The extension also wasn't .ini.) I have access to an FTP server. I could try to edit the file myself, and put it on my Dreamcast VMU in the future, if necessary.

Hey,

Yeah, the site is down at present, not sure what is going on with that host..may have to find yet another one Sad

As for how to edit, you need to use a hex editor of some kind, I use "XVI32" I find that to be pretty easy to use and it does the job Smile

There was a little program made by registered user "fackue" earlier in the thread that allowed simple editing of the file but the link is now dead. I did archive the program somewhere but can't find it at present, but to be honest it's probably just as easy via the hex editor

Cheers

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

peens
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:44 am
quote : #58
Type: NTSC-U
i really want to try this game. the patch actually downloads to your VMU? impressive

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:53 pm
quote : #59
Fackue's app is still there, SDC. You just have to change it to their new domain (.org instead of .com): http://dchelp.dcemulation.org/downloads/mpipsvr.zip . Where are you getting the list of IP addresses from?

segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:46 pm
quote : #60
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Fackue's app is still there, SDC. You just have to change it to their new domain (.org instead of .com): http://dchelp.dcemulation.org/downloads/mpipsvr.zip . Where are you getting the list of IP addresses from?

Ah thats cool, well done for spotting that Smile

The IP addresses come from the patched version of the PC game

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer