Page 1 of 1
DCOnLine
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:29 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if the japanese version of Sonic Shuffle is playable or is the purchase not quite worthwile because of too much trial & error? I know some critics point out the not very intuitive design of the mini games, so I'm quite sceptical...

Regards,
DCO

NAOMI
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:59 pm
quote : #2
I personaly love this title, great graphics, smooth gameplay, what is not to like?

I think the critics are a little too harsh, most of the mini games are easy and fun to play.

If the game is cheap buy it, and try it out, maybe look at some gameplay videos to see if this is you're cup of tea.

DCOnLine
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:22 pm
quote : #3
My concern is not the game's qualitites...it's rather that I cannot understand the rules and so on due to the japanese text. But I think I'll give it a go, let's be optimistic about it Smile .

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:41 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
My experience with playing import games, is that using a "Trial and Error" method works very well. You can often explore the game and figure out everything there is to do.

Just don't be afraid of the Japanese, and don't be afraid to press buttons to see what happens. The key is to jump right in. Don't let the fact that a game is in Japanese scare you off. You will get used to it and start to remember what menu item does what.

Soon you will find yourself almost ready to make a beginners translation guide for playing the game Smile
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:58 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
The only problem is you need to read the Events. If you didn't play all the events before, it will be really a problem.

NAOMI
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:12 pm
quote : #6
Look for a script on the internet, those usually help, also I think you can switch the language from japanese to english.

Most Sonicteam games have that option, but I think Hudson made this title I will check it out on my copy and post the results back here.