Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
Previous  1, 2
shoutout33
rank 4
Posted:
Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:57 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
So do it the old fashioned way huh? Get online with DC, via dial-up. Sigh...man, was hoping there was an easier way, but then again, we ARE talking about MVS 2. Laughing Razz

phredreeke
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:36 pm
quote : #17
I think I saw a "VMU backup disc" somewhere. It had lots of different savegames on it. You would download it as a disc image, burn it and put it in your DC (this of course requires a pre-revision 2 console) and it would boot to a web browser where one would pick a game and then a savefile for the game and finally the memory unit to copy it to. I used it to unlock all Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters (for my nephews, who loved it, personally I sucked at the game)
Posted:
Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:09 pm
quote : #18
Type: PAL
phredreeke wrote:
I think I saw a "VMU backup disc" somewhere. It had lots of different savegames on it. You would download it as a disc image, burn it and put it in your DC (this of course requires a pre-revision 2 console) and it would boot to a web browser where one would pick a game and then a savefile for the game and finally the memory unit to copy it to. I used it to unlock all Marvel vs Capcom 2 characters (for my nephews, who loved it, personally I sucked at the game)

Yes, I think it's the one from Bucanero

RickBB
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:11 pm
quote : #19
It might be the bswirl one too, which I highly recomend.
rank 37
Posted:
Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:09 pm
quote : #20
Type: NTSC-U/C
i dont have the JP version but i do have the US one. any way cant you use the gameshark to unlock all the chars in both versions?
Posted:
Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:32 am
quote : #21
If you have the US version you could get all the characters with out having to go online or doing the arcade thing. -_- you could use gameshark codes to get all the characters.(or codebreaker) But you will just be lazy =)

On a second side not Here where i live there is a Japan version of marvel vs capcom 2. And yep there is a slot to insert the vmu. But the owner closed it mmmm the part were you insert your vmu. I dunno just saying =P It's cool though. I haven't asked him about it. but yeah =D

Gryzor
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:14 am
quote : #22
JKKDARK wrote:
phredreeke wrote:

I downloaded and burned the image, and it worked, but for some reason it won't allow me to download to my 3rd party MU. I don't have an official Sega one, so I want to know if the problem here is the MU or just the disk image. Thanks.

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:23 pm
quote : #23
Type: PAL
Gryzor wrote:
JKKDARK wrote:
phredreeke wrote:

I downloaded and burned the image, and it worked, but for some reason it won't allow me to download to my 3rd party MU. I don't have an official Sega one, so I want to know if the problem here is the MU or just the disk image. Thanks.

That's strange, because I can download the saves to my third party memory cards. Probably the image, but do you had any other problem with your memory card before?

Gryzor
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:13 am
quote : #24
JKKDARK wrote:
Gryzor wrote:
JKKDARK wrote:
phredreeke wrote:

That's strange, because I can download the saves to my third party memory cards. Probably the image, but do you had any other problem with your memory card before?

I've tried a couple of different saves (Ooga Booga and Power Stone 2), and neither of them work.

My memory card has acted up a few times, but it still functions.