Page 2 of 2
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:05 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I am looking into buying a new PC gaming mouse and an adapter for the Dreamcast. Can anyone elaborate on what grubensau (not graube) said in regards to the DPI setting? I was of the understanding that the higher the rating, the more sensitivity the mouse has.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:56 pm
quote : #17
Would you play some quake III with the community? Mr. Green
If so - I would sell / trade you one of mine (adapter).

back 2 topic: Im using an cheap saitek (china) optical pc mouse. This one works fine. If I remember correct it works with 400 dpi. When I tried an expensive wireless mouse - working with 800 dpi - I failed. The result wasnt aceptable. But hehehhe - Im not a tech - I simple guess - our dc is an old baby - so the newer standard dont work. But maybe its simple my adapter - which doesnt work with a high dpi rate.
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:21 pm
quote : #18
Type: NTSC-U/C
Are you talking about the Total Control grub? That was the adapter I was looking at.

The mice I was looking into (Logitech G5, Razer Lachesis, Razer Copperhead) all have adjustable DPI settings to the best of my knowledge, though it might be tied into the mouse software itself. If those fail, then I might just go with a Microsoft Intellimouse or look for something with a low DPI rate.

My biggest question though is this: Are there any benefits to using an optical mouse over the standard Dreamcast mouse?

Saturn
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:10 am
quote : #19
Type: PAL
Thats what i was thinking, also reading through this post, it looks like i'm probably the only one that uses the official Dreamcast mouse.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:43 am
quote : #20
Saturn wrote:
it looks like i'm probably the only one that uses the official Dreamcast mouse.

Dont know Rolling Eyes

An optical mouse acts faster and needs less movement range. It can be use in dirty holes! And Mytho Im not talking about the total control 5. Cant give you that one Shocked

Its a dc 2in1 from skillz - kb and mouse compt.