mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:09 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Here's the trailer for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtIxc-Ms9Y

It looks like a Bomberman clone to begin with, but there seems to be some very good idea's in this game.

Watch the trailer.

Watch the trailer!
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:29 pm
quote : #2
That's great stuff! Very Happy . Looks they are doing a good job, it even includes VMU gameplay. Smile
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:49 pm
quote : #3
looks awesome, I really like the vmu idea
dreamcast dead...yeah right Laughing

RadioSpade
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:37 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://www.alicedreams.com/NewsANG.htm

here's the dev's website. I look forward to seeing the release.

It would appear that this game supports 12 players simultaneously, over system link I guess.... crazy!

EDIT: Wait... I'm an idiot lol. that's just 3 dreamcasts, 4 players each.

Last edited by RadioSpade on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
-Schthack: Asar Zo'am lvl 001
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:52 pm
quote : #5
I am not sorry to reign in on everyone's parade: This game is a blatant rip off of Bomberman.

People can gripe all they want about me coming down hard on every single Dreamcast Homebrew release, but I have standards. It is just too bad that so many in the homebrew Dreamcast development community do not.

We need more original Dreamcast games.

The rip-offs need to stop. Period.
Posted:
Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:14 pm
quote : #6
Looks like they put more effort than we normally see, although I don't like Bomberman or any of its clones. The gameplay just makes me nervous. Personally, I'm a lot more excited about Wind and Water, now that IS one original puzzle, and looks a lot more polished (although this is still a work in progress).

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:21 pm
quote : #7
I think this game was originally an unlockable mini-game in a demo these guys did a bit back.

Perhaps with more time they could make the game, you know. A bit more dissimilar to Bomberman.

The whole use VMU though, is a bit different to how other developers (the ones that bothered) used the thing. You'd need a lot of VMU's though if this whole 12 player thing is to be believed.

EDIT: video of the game in more action's in looking-over-someone's-shoulders-o'-vision.

EDIT2: I think this 12 player thing is just to do with this mini tournament they played.

Last edited by mcmonkey on Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:33 pm
quote : #8
yeah a Bomberman clone. But well it's still fun Surprised

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:48 am
quote : #9
mcmonkey wrote:
I think this game was originally an unlockable mini-game in a demo these guys did a bit back.

Perhaps with more time they could make the game, you know. A bit more dissimilar to Bomberman.

The whole use VMU though, is a bit different to how other developers (the ones that bothered) used the thing. You'd need a lot of VMU's though if this whole 12 player thing is to be believed.

EDIT: video of the game in more action's in looking-over-someone's-shoulders-o'-vision.

EDIT2: I think this 12 player thing is just to do with this mini tournament they played.
was this a unlockable for the alace dreams demo? if so i wonder how you unlock it. i downloaded the demo from there site and its an odd game. in stage one some baby is playing with dog poo in a sand box.
Posted:
Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:36 pm
quote : #10
Type: Pal
Cant say the video did much for me, maybe cus I was so into Bomberman online for DC its a hard act to follow. In some way it reminded me of the PC Bomberman I downloaded to play online, and I hate that.

I am with Lordnikon on the homebrew games so far. None have done anything to excite me and I have to be honest and say I dont think any will for a long time to come.. I always look at homebrew games as just games and grade them as such. Whats sas Like Lordnikon said is they dont do anything new.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:02 pm
quote : #11
Blast wrote:
Cant say the video did much for me, maybe cus I was so into Bomberman online for DC its a hard act to follow. In some way it reminded me of the PC Bomberman I downloaded to play online, and I hate that.

I am with Lordnikon on the homebrew games so far. None have done anything to excite me and I have to be honest and say I dont think any will for a long time to come.. I always look at homebrew games as just games and grade them as such. Whats sas Like Lordnikon said is they dont do anything new.

Laters
maybe they dont do anything new. but if im correct and this dynamite dreams is a unlockable for the demo of the game alice dreams its not as much a rip off of bomberman. if they put the dynamite dreams out as a stand alone game then yeah its a strait rip off. i havnt seen anything like alice dreams on the DC. but that dosnt make it any good lmao.
Posted:
Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:20 pm
quote : #12
The game looks very promising, IT is a blatant Bomberman clone, but they have some very cool ideas(using the VMU). However a new DC game is a new DC game, and this one looks like a solid title.