1, 2  Next
Manji
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:51 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
ive seen the DCX import boot disc and the Cheats n Codes disc that enables you to play imports. are they the same? is one better than the other?

thanks!

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:31 am
quote : #2
I'm using the DC-IE Import Enabler which has always worked very good for me so far.

welcome btw m8

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:05 am
quote : #3
I use the cheats n codes disc. Does the cheats n codes disc have any region locks on it? If so the DC-X import boot loader might be better for PAL users since it would boot on any Dreamcast. I think the cheats n codes discs might work for NTSC-U/C users only, but I could be wrong.
Posted:
Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:17 am
quote : #4
wrong!

Last edited by grubensau on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:22 am
quote : #5
Hehe yea it is already known to be a boot loader, but does the cheats and codes disc boot natively on a PAL system?
Posted:
Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:24 am
quote : #6
Well Smile --> I noticed that error by myself ---> I have only the pal version of such a cheat'n codes disc (blaze). I ll test them later in a ntsc system - we ll see.
Posted:
Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:01 am
quote : #7
Ohhh I was referring to the Green, brown/orange colored NTSC-U/C release by GameShark. I wasn't aware there was also a PAL disc called Cheats N Codes as well.
Posted:
Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:30 am
quote : #8
Sorry for confusing you Nikon - Im talking about the Xploder disc (blaze) --- thats one of those cheat'n codes discs, but from another company - I guess.
Posted:
Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:11 am
quote : #9
I use DC-X to boot all my imports on my PAL system. I do this in VGA, and haven't had any problems.

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:10 pm
quote : #10
I like Utopia v1.1, it works fast and I haven't had a problem with it yet.
Posted:
Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:46 pm
quote : #11
Type: PAL
i have an Utopia 60 Hz boot it's great
Posted:
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 pm
quote : #12
so i was bidding on Cheats n Codes disc and today i got this in the mail:

is it essentially the same thing? i was expecting something else but if this serves the same function i guess i'm good to go.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:47 pm
quote : #13
Wow cool, what kind of case is that in? It looks like some sort of snaplock plastic case? Is this thing brand new unopened?
Posted:
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:48 pm
quote : #14
yea i havent opened yet, so it should be new. inside is a thin, plastic, snaplock case. i was expecting a standard cd jewel cased item and i got this, so i was a little surprised and i'm guessing it's similar to or the same thing as cheats n codes (made by gameshark, right?). i bought this to boot imports, but i dont have any imports to test it with! i got this first so when i do get a game, i can play it. i just hope it works the same way. i dont need and wont use it for any kind of cheating or activating infinite health in game (bleh), etc.. its only purpose in life is to help me play some of those DC imports i've been looking at over the years.

..and it's the cheapest option of playing imports next to getting a modification or jpn dc.

HuBBsDoctor
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:20 pm
quote : #15
Type: NTSU-U
Not to make rain on the parade but you could've downloaded the gameshark cd-x demo off of megagames. Thats what I did.