Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Hi guys

I picked up a Master system mk 2 and a about 8 games today from a car boot sale for £2.50, all leads and one controller. Cant grumble at £2.50 (Roughly $5). As can be expected from Car boot sales though the console has a problem. It doesnt read carts very well Sad its an effort, you have to push them in a lot or push them back or foreward to get them to work, also they seem very hard to get in and out of the cart slot a lot harder than I remember it being. Anyone had anything like this? Is there anything I can clean the part of the Master system that receives the cart with? I can see 2 screws each side of the cart reciever, are these safe to remove? I could just struggle on but i fear eventualy the extra force and wiggling on the inside of the Master systme will just stop it working altogether. This Mk 2 has Sonic built in which I wasent expecting, I was expecting Alex kidd and something else for some odd reason that what I remember of Master system Mk2, guess it varried?

Any ideas or experience appreciated.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:37 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Yeh MK2's had either Alex kidd or Sonic built in.
Hmm cart systems are always a pain to get working after they haven't been used for years.
Your best bet is to blow out all your carts and the systems cart docking section.

Then you can always get some cotton buds (like the things you use to clean out your ears and stuff)
damp them down and wipe across the carts chip.

anyway hope this helps, lozz.

(P.S. at 2 quid I think you shouldn't be too disheartened if it doesn't work lol)
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:49 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
lozz wrote:
Yeh MK2's had either Alex kidd or Sonic built in.
Hmm cart systems are always a pain to get working after they haven't been used for years.
Your best bet is to blow out all your carts and the systems cart docking section.

Then you can always get some cotton buds (like the things you use to clean out your ears and stuff)
damp them down and wipe across the carts chip.

anyway hope this helps, lozz.

(P.S. at 2 quid I think you shouldn't be too disheartened if it doesn't work lol)

Yep for £2 I cant grumble. I think I did most of what you said although this was a little while ago now and it has spent all of its time from 3 days after purchase sat gathering dust behind my sofa. Part of the reason for this is my spare tv is missing its remote control Sad I have a universal control which does everything but bring up the menu screen Sad The Master system comes up on the channel I once had tuned into the RF for DC but its slightly out of tune so I can play Master system but with a really grim picture Evil or Very Mad

Laters