Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
Anyone here own the game or the official Maraca’s?
Got the game but some 3rd party crap for the maraca's
13%
13% [ 3 ]
I got the game and the real maraca's! Im so lucky
13%
13% [ 3 ]
Got the game, no maraca's
34%
34% [ 8 ]
Don't have the game, any good? (me:YES!)
39%
39% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 23
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Was looking around for the Samba files (the in-game site is gone) and went to gamefaqs remembering they host some save files. And guess what, the one listed has not only the game 100% done but has the unlocked saves too! That means you can play with all of the following songs now:
Open Your Heart (Sonic Adventure)
Sonic-You Can Do Anything (Sonic CD)
Super Sonic Racing (Sonic R)
Burning Hearts (Burning Rangers)
Dreams Dreams (Nights)
Magical Sound Shower (Outrun)
After Burner (After Burner)
OPA-OPA! (Fantasy Zone)
RENT A HERO No.1 (Rent a Hero)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/save/26272.html

The good news gets better as once you downloaded the 2 block files your main save had them all unlocked. So then just downloading the main file gives you the unlocked songs too! The main is only 6 blocks too, but it will over right any one there so if you want to get it and already in the middle of completing the game save it too another vmu, just load from that vmu to have some samba fun! PM'ed lord about it so hopefully they can be hosted here soon.

Also some info on the Maraca's, because that is the main problem with this game you can't enjoy it at all without a maraca. So here is a list of 3 and some info about how good they are and where to get them:

Sega Fan Maraca's - The worst out there, please beware some have said they only lasted one week before it internally broke, while there is a chance you could fix them by looking inside for lose wires it may just be because it is so cheap

Cha Cha Amigo Maraca's - The best 3rd party out there, and can be gotten from the manufacturer for only 15! www.hkems.com

Official Maraca's - Claimed to be the best, they too seem the fall to the same problems as the others for some over time. But without a doubt the best and well made. Can be found at the following sites sometimes but expect to pay quite a lot (over $80!)
www.ebay.com
www.gamechoiceclub.com/navigateProduct.asp?product_id=594

I think this maybe the subject of a article I write as the there is so much I still have not said ...

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:39 pm
quote : #2
Hmmm...

I've got the game, but no maracas. I thought I would have to pay out the nose... but $15! I may have to reconsider purchasing them.

Thanks.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:37 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'll back up the files but I am gonna wait a while before I host them here. I am realy picky about NOT hosting save files of any kinda. I look at it as gamesharking or cheating. I will back up these files. Luckily I have a nexus compatible VMU now and also converters to convert to VMS files. I will host these down the road IF it looks like it is impossible to track down the actual individual samba download songs. An Awsome find though. Good work dreamcast magic. Chris is working on the SA1 download content, which he just sent me an insane PM that I have to go through.

It looks like we are nearing the end, and as a community we will have salvaged all that we can. This is really great. Oh and BTW I got ALL of the SA2 stuff also Very Happy
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:23 pm
quote : #4
If you guys are looking for the individual songs i have them for Samba De Amigo (US and Japan) and Samba De Amgio ver 200. PM if you need them.

guyver2077
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:51 am
quote : #5
how do u actually place an order at that site for the 3rd party maracas..it looks very ghetto. you thinks its reliable?

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 1:11 pm
quote : #6
Im leaning to no. While it is the official site for the company, the order form you submit isn't too straight forward and I was lost, e-mailed them about it and didn't get a reply. But you can get it at ebay but for more... and other places. The order form I found digging throw the site ... you could order but i wouldn't

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:33 pm
quote : #7
Hey everyone!

I've got both Samba de Amigo games (the original and 2000), and they make great party games. I have two different types of 3rd party controllers since the originals are so expensive and hard to come buy.

The two types I have are the "Samba Friends" maracas, which have the identical mechanical design to the Sega units but a different mat color, and I also have the "Cha Cha Maracas" which are a different design with a floor sensor but without the vinyl mat. After using both side-by-side, I would definitely recommend the "Cha Cha Maracas," because they are much more responsive than the other unit. I bought mine at www.levelsix.com, and they used to carry both and said the Cha Cha Maracas were much more reliable. A great place to get them now is www.play-asia.com, and they have a huge DC selection and continue to get new release DC import stuff. They actually send a regular e-mail newsletter out too notifying you of new release stuff.

They're located in Hong Kong, but their service is outstanding. I've purchased a few things from them, and their prices, including shipping, are reasonable.

They also carry the Mini Twinstick Arcade Stick brand new for just $24. It's pretty sweet!

SONICR
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:20 pm
quote : #8
I have all the Samba De Amigo song files uploaded to my site but so far havent got around to putting links up for them.
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:12 pm
quote : #9
cool Mr. Green more ppl need to get those great files!

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:49 am
quote : #10
lordnikon, you dont have all of the SA2 content, ur missing like 8 theme files, like shadows, maria's, rouge, knukles and others. you just the ones from the games website.
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:36 pm
quote : #11
ok I set up links on my vmu page for the music download files.
I also now have all the SA2 theme files.

my site tho is down untill Saturday/Sunday due to all my bandwith being used up for the month.

http://sonicr.home.mindspring.com/vmu.html

Note* my VMU files are only downloadable using a PW 2.0 or higher webbrowser.
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:53 pm
quote : #12
i want to get this game, tell me, what do you need to play? just the game and maracas? if so i can get it easy i just thought you needed a mat or something. is it fun? cos it looks a bit silly Embarassed
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:54 pm
quote : #13
no its fun ... and great songs ... ya you need mar. the controller is just impossable to play with

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:00 pm
quote : #14
will ntsc maracas work on my pal dc? cos i can get em from liksang or amazon.com. as soon as i get paid i will be tracking down a further 20 titles for dc inc 4X4 evo, samba, armada, magnetic neo, and some more stuff.
Posted:
Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:57 pm
quote : #15
I have the game and two pairs of Cha Cha maracas. I'm very happy with the maracas, which I bought from the Canadian web site gocybershop for $30/pair (the shipping from Hong Kong made lik-sang etc. more expensive in the end).

Before I got the maracas, I played with the controller and still had a good time. It really helps to go into the OPTIONS and set the controller to Type B (or whatever it's called). The default controller config is almost impossible to get used to.