Previous  1, 2
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:31 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Gamecube makes more laser movement noises than the PS2 does.

Plus dreamcast games have dummy files to push the data to regions on the disc so the lens doesn't have to make all those movemnts.
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:31 pm
quote : #17
man your really tempting me to get a stop watch, open up the gamecube and dreamcast, make someone play a game any game, and see witch systems makes more reads within a minute
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:25 pm
quote : #18
evilnine wrote:
man your really tempting me to get a stop watch, open up the gamecube and dreamcast, make someone play a game any game, and see witch systems makes more reads within a minute

This most likely would not work. There are too many variables in the situation.
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:27 pm
quote : #19
in psov2 the charachter loading screen has to lad stuff from the inside then outside of the disk so it gets frusturating cause its loud

MeltedIce
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:18 pm
quote : #20
LMAO WHAT!?!?! Inside and Outside of the disc? And what are you talking about dummy files pushing around files? Im picturing little guys pushing carts around the disc. I dunno it just made me laugh. But seriously what do you guys mean?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:47 pm
quote : #21
Type: NTSC-U/C
MeltedIce wrote:
LMAO WHAT!?!?! Inside and Outside of the disc? And what are you talking about dummy files pushing around files? Im picturing little guys pushing carts around the disc. I dunno it just made me laugh. But seriously what do you guys mean?

It's not even worth explaining.
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:31 am
quote : #22
Tao wrote:
evilnine wrote:

This most likely would not work. There are too many variables in the situation.

Yep, thats what I was going to attempt to say... but you know I think the PSO V2 for DC loading after to pick what save you want to load from so it can make the little pic of your guy takes longer then PSO V1 is this just me?

dreamer!
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:44 am
quote : #23
DC r loud but mine aint to bad its down to wear and tear i say!

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:42 am
quote : #24
dummy files are usually zero's on the disc, wich ive think ive been told is to spread around the data on the disc so the lens can be flexible, or am I thinking of something else??? im not sure about this, quote me right or wrong on this one cause its all a mear blur to me
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:26 pm
quote : #25
* My Dreamcast can run while the lid is open....*

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool