Topic: 4-player games?

Page 1 of 4
Gryzor
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:33 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
By reccomendation from all of you guys, which 4-player-games for Dreamcast are any good? I have Slave Zero, but I want some more, because I frequently have friends around.

Any genre is OK, but I'm looking for FPS games. Any suggestions?

Segata Sanshiro
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:16 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
I assume you already know Chu Chu Rocket? It's not an FPS but it's THE 4 player game for Dreamcast.

GigaWing 2 also has a 4 player mode, but I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer modes in shumps.

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:12 am
quote : #3
Sonic Shuffle
Worms World Party
Unreal Tournament
Fur Fighters

enough said Laughing

zeleny
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:26 am
quote : #4
I'm a sucker for multiplayer games. My all time favorite DC game has to be Tennis 2k2. 2 vs 2 player competitive play is a must and an unbeatable experience.

Gryzor
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:06 am
quote : #5
Segata Sanshiro wrote:
I assume you already know Chu Chu Rocket? It's not an FPS but it's THE 4 player game for Dreamcast.

GigaWing 2 also has a 4 player mode, but I'm not a huge fan of multiplayer modes in shumps.

It's coincedental that I saw Chu Chu Rocket for £1 in GameStation ($2). I'll pick it up.

What's it about?

JKKDARK wrote:
Sonic Shuffle
Worms World Party
Unreal Tournament
Fur Fighters

enough said Laughing

I'll probably end up getting Worms and Unreal Tournement. Not so sure about Shuffle.

zeleny wrote:
I'm a sucker for multiplayer games. My all time favorite DC game has to be Tennis 2k2. 2 vs 2 player competitive play is a must and an unbeatable experience.

I've heard a lot of praise for the 4-player experience of Virtua Tennis 2. I'll probably pick it up too.

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:46 am
quote : #6
Chu Chu Rocket is a nice puzzle, read here

If you like Mario Party games, you will really enjoy Sonic Shuffle. You can select between 8 characters with different abilities; there are 7 stages, where you have to get the 7 emerald chaos and there are also a lot of mini-games, events and battles.

And Fur Fighters is similar to Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena, only less serious (because the characters are animals)

Segata Sanshiro
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:50 am
quote : #7
Gryzor wrote:
Segata Sanshiro wrote:

It's coincedental that I saw Chu Chu Rocket for £1 in GameStation ($2). I'll pick it up.

What's it about?

Well, better late than never! Chu Chu Rocket is so simple it becomes instantly addictive, especially in multiplayer mode with friends. You just have to put arrows on the floor to make mice walk to your rocket. It almost hurts to see how people ignored it (I mean, how can it be so cheap?)

I agree with the rest of the suggestions, except perhaps for Sonic Shuffle, it's a bit slow IMO.

Oh and I'll just add Propeller Arena, if you don't mind split screen multiplayer (which it seems you don't).

Gryzor
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:04 am
quote : #8
Chu Chu Rocket is a guaranteed purchase. Thanks guys!

Fur Fighters is probably my next purchase. I'm still a bit on the edge about Sonic Shuffle.

What is the control scheme like in DC first person shooters? Is it the same as the slave Zero set-up (Analog stick aims, A/B/X/Y buttons move) or is it different?

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:50 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
Don't forget about Power Stone!

Gryzor
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:03 am
quote : #10
gRimGrAvY014 wrote:
Don't forget about Power Stone!

Wow, I almost missed that one. thanks!

I have a lot to buy!

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:14 pm
quote : #11
Type: Pal
Bomberman online, the online part is down of course Sad but on this game you can play a max of 8 players offline as 2 can use a d pad at the same time Smile

Laters
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:14 pm
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think the best 4 player games, are those that do not innitiate a splitscreen mode. Titles such as:

PowerStone 1 and 2
Bomberman Online (US only release)
ChuChu Rocket
Worms World Party

However the game that takes the cake would be none other than:

ARMADA
(US only release)

Find this. Buy this. Greatest 4 player experience on the Dreamcast in my opinion. It is a top down multi-directional shooter, but it isn't an arcade game, but more like a space sim RPG. Its all action and realtime. You control your ship, level it up, and attack hordes of alien craft. The clincher is with multiplayer. Not only can you play with up to 4 players, but these other players can bring their characters from their Dreamcast, and pop in their VMU. You can enter anyones singleplayer game, or start a brand new one. So if there was a boss a friend of yours was having trouble taking down, you could join him in his single player game, and assist. Highly recommended game here!
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:35 pm
quote : #13
The American releases will be harder to get, but I'll try.

I'm probably gonna start with Chu Chu Rocket. Then Power Stone 2 and Worms.

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:18 pm
quote : #14
Power Stone 1 is only up to 2 players

NB-DanTE
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:09 pm
quote : #15
FPS :-Quake 3 Arena - Unreal Tournament - Outtrigger

Power Stone 2 ,Chuchu Rocket and Virtua Tennis 2 are the best 4 player games in DC in my opinion