1, 2  Next
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:11 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1212848_1124.ht ml&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1212848_ 1124.html%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DDuj

Border Down will get a re-print. The units will be available since January 17th, 2008.
The price is 7,140 yen.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:27 pm
quote : #2
awesome, this shows (yet) again that the DC lives

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:31 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Very interesting hopefully I won't miss the boat this time with this game.
nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:37 am
quote : #4
Amazing news! Though at ~$70 it's too expensive for me. Sad
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:12 am
quote : #5
nick944 wrote:
Amazing news! Though at ~$70 it's too expensive for me. Sad

have you checked the prices lately?? Mr. Green Mr. Green

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:45 am
quote : #6
Well, those are the original prints, which if this goes through, will only get more expensive since they have the prominence of being first run copies. If they do rerun it, I hope they make it significantly different so it's easy to discern an original from a reprint when buying online.

I agree though, $70 is a lot for a reprint. If the majority's going to the developer and it will be on a GD-ROM, it makes it appealing, but I don't know if I could spend as much as when it came out. $50 is still a little high, but I'd be a lot more excited if it was at that price.

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:38 am
quote : #7
And it proved the GD-ROM wasn't discontinued Neutral

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:40 am
quote : #8
I'm assuming sega still has a warehouse or 2 stuffed with blank gd-roms, since they stopped making em, only this year

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:46 am
quote : #9
Mazonemayu wrote:
I'm assuming sega still has a warehouse or 2 stuffed with blank gd-roms, since they stopped making em, only this year

... Sorry but it was just a rumor.

Rumors from a random website are NOT official words from Sega.

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:42 am
quote : #10
I would like to point out that $70 is about £35... Which is really bloody cheap for this, or any game.

Me really excited now. I love this game and now I can finally have a chance to own it! Mr. Green
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:46 am
quote : #11
I also don't think it is expensive for such a great shoot them up Smile

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:23 am
quote : #12
Well, please remember the conversion is bad for the US dollar at the moment.

I'm not really worried about why the price is so high so much as whether or not they're using this to test the waters for another release. I'm sure there are a lot more just like me who would really like to get this game but can't spend that kind of money (on a rerelease, no less). I know it costs a lot for the pressing when dealing with a limited run and there's the added cost of printing the inserts, but that's all it is. This doesn't cover development costs anymore. Perhaps there's a premium on GD-ROM discs if they're in short supply (the "Sega stopped producing GD-ROM discs" debate aside). I don't know, but I just personally think it's a bit high based on location (exchange rate) and personal opinion.

Side note: For anyone who can read Japanese, there's been an official comment made in G Rev's blog section: http://maglog.jp/grev/

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:35 am
quote : #13
who cares if the dollar has a bad conversion atm, we in europe are allowed to have a little luck every now & then, games sometimes cost almost twice they pay in the us so... Mr. Green Mr. Green

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:40 am
quote : #14
Mazonemayu wrote:
who cares if the dollar has a bad conversion atm, we in europe are allowed to have a little luck every now & then, games sometimes cost almost twice they pay in the us so... Mr. Green Mr. Green

Hi 5! Cool

Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Well, please remember the conversion is bad for the US dollar at the moment.

I've decided I'm going to buy two copies. One to play and one to taunt you with... Razz
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:44 pm
quote : #15
Type: Pal
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Well, those are the original prints, which if this goes through, will only get more expensive since they have the prominence of being first run copies. If they do rerun it, I hope they make it significantly different so it's easy to discern an original from a reprint when buying online.

I agree though, $70 is a lot for a reprint. If the majority's going to the developer and it will be on a GD-ROM, it makes it appealing, but I don't know if I could spend as much as when it came out. $50 is still a little high, but I'd be a lot more excited if it was at that price.

I would hope that a re print actually drops the price of all copies in a supply and demand market. A re print should be worth more than an opened original as in the gaming world condition and quality of such a new game should be more important than if its a first run or not. I wouldent relate such a new game to being like a book yet where 1st runs are worth more just from an historical view point. 1st runs may be worth more a long way down the road like some retro games but at this stage I would have thought this game was to new for that to matter? Hey but maybe I am wrong, hope not though dont like seeing people pay over the odds for video games.

Laters