Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
1, 2  Next
Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:36 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Not sure if this is ok to post, but if I hurt any rules please tell me so!

Link for Image: http://snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=3681

Problem: after downloading the 4 parts of the file, I joined them with hjsplit, extracted the first 7z-archive, then the resulting rar-archive and got a cdi-file. I don't know this image-file format (is it an image format anyway?) but tried to burn it to a CD. The burning software didn't know the format but burned the CD anyway, just straight as one track, I believe. Then I tried to play it with my DC but it just started the audio-disc dialog with 1 track (52 minutes), which I could play, so I believe my former assumption about the 1 track should be correct. When I insert the disc into my computer it tells me that windows can't even read it/doesn't know how to open it.
So my question: what is that .cdi-thing and how do I have to handle it? I'd love to finally play Propeller Arena!
Thanks for any help!

Gryzor
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:20 am
quote : #2
The .cdi image can be burned by several programs, but the most popular is Discjuggler. Download the free trial and burn the image.

Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:58 am
quote : #3
Gryzor wrote:
The .cdi image can be burned by several programs, but the most popular is Discjuggler. Download the free trial and burn the image.

Thanks, that is exactly what I did shortly after I wrote the first post.
Nice game! Very Happy

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:02 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
If you're a Nero user, there's also CDI2NERO.

Last edited by Dreamcast â„¢ on Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:41 am
quote : #5
Thanks. But I already downloaded the Juggler, so I don't need to turn it in a ISO-Image anymore.
And when I clicked on the link you posted my Anti-Virus program alerted me there is a virus in the scripts loaded by the page. Might be that my Anti-Virus program is mistaken, but if not so, please take care everyone when clicking that link!

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:40 am
quote : #6
No such error on my end, but I changed it to a direct download link so anyone interested doesn't have to view the page.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:58 pm
quote : #7
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
what do i do with this after downloading it. will i need winzip or some other unpacking tool. i down loaded the file and its only 13 KBs.

to Arubeto i downloaded the diskjuggler one and its in 5 or 6 parts how do i put them back to gether to be burned?
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:10 pm
quote : #8
gary_b wrote:
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
what do i do with this after downloading it. will i need winzip or some other unpacking tool. i down loaded the file and its only 13 KBs.

to Arubeto i downloaded the diskjuggler one and its in 5 or 6 parts how do i put them back to gether to be burned?

open the first one in WinRAR and extract.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:37 pm
quote : #9
winrar dosnt seem to see it. winzip says its not a zip file. i cant get either of these to work
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:56 pm
quote : #10
Don't try to "unzip" CDI2NERO. That's already in an executable format and is ready to use. Once you download Propeller Arena, you need to open it with WinRAR (the best one to use since it can open ZIP as well as RAR archives). You should see a file called propeller arena.cdi or something inside of the archive. Just note that it ends in 'CDI."

Make sure you have enough room on your hard drive. The disc image will expand to around 700 MB. Now it's ready to be written to a CD if you use Disc Juggler. If you're using Nero, copy CDI2NERO to the directory to where the disc image is and then just drag the image onto CDI2NERO and a DOS command window will open and give you progress on the conversion. The dialog window should disappear when it's finished. Now you're ready to use Nero to write the image to a CD.

Remember, write at the lowest speed possible (4x is recommended).

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:36 pm
quote : #11
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Don't try to "unzip" CDI2NERO. That's already in an executable format and is ready to use. Once you download Propeller Arena, you need to open it with WinRAR (the best one to use since it can open ZIP as well as RAR archives). You should see a file called propeller arena.cdi or something inside of the archive. Just note that it ends in 'CDI."

Make sure you have enough room on your hard drive. The disc image will expand to around 700 MB. Now it's ready to be written to a CD if you use Disc Juggler. If you're using Nero, copy CDI2NERO to the directory to where the disc image is and then just drag the image onto CDI2NERO and a DOS command window will open and give you progress on the conversion. The dialog window should disappear when it's finished. Now you're ready to use Nero to write the image to a CD.

it dosnt end in cdi it ends in .exe. i cant get winrar to extract it as an cdi only exe
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:17 pm
quote : #12
gary_b wrote:
Dreamcast ™ wrote:

it dosnt end in cdi it ends in .exe. i cant get winrar to extract it as an cdi only exe

uh, what the crap? scan it for virii, then try running it. It could be a self-extractor.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:07 pm
quote : #13
here is what i got so far. i can double click the file named "cdi2nero.exe" this will give me a window saying open file-security warning , the publisher can not be verified. i hit run. run opens a dos window in the back and a nother windows based one in the front. in the windows based window i have to select a file, but the file i want isnt listed. so i typed its name in and hit open. this brings up image.nrg to be saved. if i try to save the image.nrg it says bad image format and it disappears
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:16 pm
quote : #14
Have you tried just dragging / dropping the CDI file onto the EXE?

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:22 pm
quote : #15
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Have you tried just dragging / dropping the CDI file onto the EXE?
it dosnt show any CDI files. it will say nrg for the one i just posted about. but when it says image.nrg it will not show the file. only a name in a window to be saved. how ever it wont save when i hit save