Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
thegoodstink
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:33 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Good luck with your job hunt. I have been through that a lot lately it seems. I'm good for 10-20 or so bucks a month. Quake anyone?
Posted:
Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:30 am
quote : #32
I could certainly donate $10-20 every few months.
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:09 pm
quote : #33
Lord

Please inform us all of what we can do to keep this site alive. Please understand that this is something that your community needs to know.
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:54 am
quote : #34
I will be sorting out the donation box setup soon. I am still trying to decide whether I should get a new PayPal account setup, or use my personal one. More research/reading is needed on my part. If I setup a new paypal account I think I have to attach a seperate bank account to it. I could just leave it up as is, and transfer the money over to my OTHER paypal account. However paypal would be taking an extra percentage in order for me to do that.

Today is my last day at this job so I should have some news for you guys this week on donating.

Also, I have not terminated either OC servers. Both are still up and running and will continue to operate regardless of my employment status as long as we can cover most of the costs.
Posted:
Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:15 pm
quote : #35
Nikon,

I'm very sorry to hear about your job situation. That is terribly unfortunate, and I'm optimistic that you will find employment soon.

You have sacrificed a LOT over many years to push online gaming forward, and in the process this site has become a strong resource for users like me. I honestly cannot remember how many years I've been coming to this site, but it's been more than a few now. Wink

Please keep us posted as things transpire, and we'll act accordingly. I think it's safe to say you've more than earned our support.

How are my little crackers doing today?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:37 pm
quote : #36
Hey everyone. I have finally managed to develop a proper donation page for our servers. Please read over this page:

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/donate.php

The cost of running the servers recently went up another $700.00, bringing the yearly total cost to over $2,800 per year. Please donate what you can, as I have been paying for these game servers our of my own pocket for over a year now myself.

Feel free to leave any comments, I would love to hear your feedback.
Posted:
Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:36 pm
quote : #37
I get this error "Template->make_filename(): Error - template file not found: donate.tpl"

Is it still pay-pal only still?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:32 am
quote : #38
I have not had time to set this up on the Dreamcast Browser Template yet. That is why you are getting the template error when surfing from your Dreamcast. So to reach the donation page you will need to do this from your PC using a PC browser.

Right now the donation box goes through pay pal. However if you really can't make a donation via PayPal, and are a longtime member, leave a reply here and we can work something out where you mail in your dontation.
Posted:
Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:26 am
quote : #39
Only 1 problem --- my donation was 50 $ --- but I should pay 57,- EUR!!! ?
Does paypal take 30,- $ for the donation? Thats wasting money. So let me know the paypal addy and I ll donate the amount through a normal tranaction.
Posted:
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:56 pm
quote : #40
I am confused as to what is happening there grub. You try to donate $50.00, and instead it tries to charge you 57 EUR? which would really be like $87 USD.
Posted:
Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:22 pm
quote : #41
Yes!
Posted:
Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:50 pm
quote : #42
Okay grub I just sent you a PM now with the individual paypal address. If anyone else has a problem paying in EUROS, please let me know here in this thread.

Also, a huge thanks to segadreamcaster for making the very first donation. If you look at the donation page I have already updated the donation chart to reflect the current total. I will be updating it on a weekly basis depending when donations come in.

I know it might not seem like much, but $5.00 here and there every month or so from the community at large can go a long way to having the donations rack up.

Plus I think once some people donate, they might be motivated further to hop online and enjoy the servers we have up Wink
Posted:
Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:03 am
quote : #43
i would love to make a donation but i cant really make one through pay pal.
is there an address i could send the money too? Wink
Xbox live: JTKallDay
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:17 pm
quote : #44
Hey misfits, I sent you a PM with address information.-Thanks

Also I was thinking about listing the usernames of people who contributed a donation, to the donation page. Just to say thanks and put people up on the board. However I don't know how you guys would feel about this. Let me know what you think. I don't want to go overboard, just a simply showing of recognition to those who are pitching in.
Posted:
Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:24 am
quote : #45
lordnikon wrote:
Hey misfits, I sent you a PM with address information.-Thanks

Also I was thinking about listing the usernames of people who contributed a donation, to the donation page. Just to say thanks and put people up on the board. However I don't know how you guys would feel about this. Let me know what you think. I don't want to go overboard, just a simply showing of recognition to those who are pitching in.

thanks nikon =]

actually i think that would be a great idea.
Xbox live: JTKallDay