1, 2  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:15 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
A post by Radkin made me look up a url, looking for a possible Dreamcast related video for a certain game. Unfortunatly there wasn't a video for that game. However I figured I would post this URL for some who did not know of its existance.

The Dreamcast requires videos to be in "SFD" format in order to view them on the Dreamcast. The only large repository for this, is over at the old Dreamcast Planetweb site:

http://dreamcast.planetweb.com/gamers/movielist.html

This is especially good if you have Broadband and PlanetWeb 3.0

Enjoy! & feel free to post any other links to known SFD Dreamcast movie clip locations.
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:40 pm
quote : #2
I thought most of those video links did not work any more. Particuarly since at one time in the past the PW browser was down for a while in the past.
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:20 pm
quote : #3
The links still work just fine Smile Did you try clicking on one?
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:54 pm
quote : #4
Yes, there are only about two videos that work out of all the links to watch the vidoes about the games. This has been like that for over a year, I know thw sonic onws work, and there are to other vidoes for these other games that work too, i do not rememeber which ones though. Sorry. They do not work any more, or at least for the DC.
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:24 pm
quote : #5
Tss, I remember when I sat at my dreamcast for like an hour waiting to watch one 20 second video of NFL 2K. Lol, I just had to see if the shit actually worked..

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:40 pm
quote : #6
WoW an hour. It takes me around 20-30 min to load. I also did it for the same reason you did. To try and see if it works. lol
The video i saw was capcom vs snk

Einhander
rank 20
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:30 am
quote : #7
Someone should store these in case they ever go offline. Most of them look to be between 1.5 - 2.5mb in size, so it wouldn't actually take long to download them. In fact I'd bet it would take more time to sort and label each video than it would to actually download it.

If no one steps up I'll probably do it tomorrow.

Radkin
unknown
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:48 am
quote : #8
So wait, you uys actually were watching a good amount of videos that worked? Almost none of them work for me. How odd, any clue as to why? (i.e. If I click on a video it says the video is no longer avlible.)
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:28 pm
quote : #9
Radkin wrote:
I thought most of those video links did not work any more. Particuarly since at one time in the past the PW browser was down for a while in the past.
That was a pain to get working again. After the site went down I helped Mr. Soohoo (the president) getting everything working again.

Radkin wrote:
So wait, you uys actually were watching a good amount of videos that worked? Almost none of them work for me. How odd, any clue as to why? (i.e. If I click on a video it says the video is no longer avlible.)
Which browser verison are you using? I think it might only be compatible with Planetweb 3.0.

Last edited by nick944 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:31 pm
quote : #10
nick944 wrote:
Radkin wrote:
That was a pain to get working again. After the site went down I helped Mr. Soohoo (the president) getting everything working again.

What did you do?
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:33 pm
quote : #11
lordnikon wrote:
nick944 wrote:
Radkin wrote:

What did you do?
I tested most parts of the website for him, and helped work out where the problems were in the site, and fix them.
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:36 pm
quote : #12
Okay hehe I was about to say "slow your roll there kid", if all it was, was an email. Smile

Radkin: What browser are you using to surf on your Broadband Adaptor? Is it Broadband Passport? XDP? or PlanetWeb 3.0?
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:37 pm
quote : #13
If I remember correctly, there may have been an SFD decoder for winamp.

EDIT: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=144845

Radkin
unknown
Posted:
Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:56 pm
quote : #14
Lord Nikon: I use Planet web 3.0 with a BBA.
Posted:
Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 am
quote : #15
Einhander wrote:
Someone should store these in case they ever go offline. Most of them look to be between 1.5 - 2.5mb in size, so it wouldn't actually take long to download them. In fact I'd bet it would take more time to sort and label each video than it would to actually download it.

If no one steps up I'll probably do it tomorrow.

I can do it if you guys want. I have an external HD that can store em.