Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic
Journeyz
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Posts: 18
I think I just made a huge mistake. I was offering my price on eBay for 70 dollars. I just forgot to look at the shipping. All the way from Hong Kong, it cost me 50 dollars. I am so broke now. Anyone know how much the twin sticks are worth usually?
These are new in the box complete with the Virtual On game. I paid $70 + $50 on shipping. I am so sad about shipping....
 
Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:27 pm
quote : #2
profile : pm
Posts: 920
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think I saw that same auction. If they came with a game (I'm not sure if that particular auction did), then it's not too bad. The last few sets located in North America sold around $75 - $100 shipped (I think they each came with the game).

Did it come with the original box?
 
Journeyz
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:37 pm
quote : #3
profile : pm
Posts: 18
No, the picture didn't show the original box. I was happy about it until I saw the $50 shipping price. I didn't see it before. I'm never going to do my eBay business while I do my homework again. It proves to be distracting.
 
Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:10 pm
quote : #4
profile : pm
Posts: 573
yeah, never do homework again, it costs you money Mr. Green Mr. Green
 
Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:25 pm
quote : #5
profile : pm
Posts: 152
Ever tried shipping something internationally before? It's mega-expensive. That's how much I paid for mine, too. And I didn't get the game with it, I had to import that separately. so in essence I paid roughly $35 more than you.
 
Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:05 pm
quote : #6
profile : pm
Posts: 159
Actually. I'd say you got a good deal. The game + the sticks.
You saved a slight little. For having to buy them seperatly. I remember I did the same mistake as you. I was going to bid on An import version of marvel vs capcom. I have no idea why I did'nt notice. I ended up bidding 300$ for them. I was surprise. and hopping it wouldn't go that high. It didn't. Just $30 Smile I was little mmm surprise. But happy that i don't have to pay $300 for a game ~_~. Lesson. When you are at ebay. don't do anything else. Smile
 
Journeyz
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:11 am
quote : #7
profile : pm
Posts: 18
Metal Hedgehog wrote:
Actually. I'd say you got a good deal. The game + the sticks.
You saved a slight little. For having to buy them seperatly. I remember I did the same mistake as you. I was going to bid on An import version of marvel vs capcom. I have no idea why I did'nt notice. I ended up bidding 300$ for them. I was surprise. and hopping it wouldn't go that high. It didn't. Just $30 Smile I was little mmm surprise. But happy that i don't have to pay $300 for a game ~_~. Lesson. When you are at ebay. don't do anything else. Smile


I would have been so freaked out. It's easy to misplace the decimal on eBay. Confused
I'm starting to realize this is a good buy. I just wish I had someone to play with because I'll get bored playing vs. CPU eventually. But now that I think of it, whoever I play with will have to use the pad. Not only that, I'd rather connect 2 dreamcasts for proper multiplayer than play 2 player on one tv. Splitscreen hinders graphical performance on games.
 
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:26 pm
quote : #8
profile : pm
Posts: 1285
Type: Pal
Smurph wrote:
Ever tried shipping something internationally before? It's mega-expensive. That's how much I paid for mine, too. And I didn't get the game with it, I had to import that separately. so in essence I paid roughly $35 more than you.


Honestly .... seems we get a shite deal with postage from the USA to UK shipping prices often deter me from bidding on auctions. I seem to post things the opposite way for a fraction of the cost. I am so glad now that we can rate postage costs on Ebay, I think its a step in the right direction.

Laters
  _________________
Now have a working PC DC server courtesy of Segadreamcaster. Bring on the DC on line games yeeee haaa.
Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:43 pm
quote : #9
profile : pm
Posts: 152
Blast wrote:
Smurph wrote:
Ever tried shipping something internationally before? It's mega-expensive. That's how much I paid for mine, too. And I didn't get the game with it, I had to import that separately. so in essence I paid roughly $35 more than you.


Honestly .... seems we get a shite deal with postage from the USA to UK shipping prices often deter me from bidding on auctions. I seem to post things the opposite way for a fraction of the cost. I am so glad now that we can rate postage costs on Ebay, I think its a step in the right direction.

Laters

Yeah, I was going to ship something to a friend of mine in ireland, but every carrier wanted like $80 for a 3-pound parcel the size of a shoebox. I was like WTF mate?
 
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:30 am
quote : #10
profile : pm
Posts: 974
Second - you got a pair of twinsticks (new) for 70,- $ ... and asking if 50,- $ is 2 much for the shipping? Well Im selling stuff on ebay and international trackable packages are real real expensive. The sticks arent small and Im sure the weight over 2 kg - so 50,- $ is a low shipping rate from honkong.
  _________________
for sale: limited edt. shikigami no shiro II sealed new incl. pre-order bonus (ebay)
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Display:   
 
View previous topic - View next topic
Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic