Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic
Journeyz
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I think I just made a huge mistake. I was offering my price on eBay for 70 dollars. I just forgot to look at the shipping. All the way from Hong Kong, it cost me 50 dollars. I am so broke now. Anyone know how much the twin sticks are worth usually?
These are new in the box complete with the Virtual On game. I paid $70 + $50 on shipping. I am so sad about shipping....

Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:27 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I think I saw that same auction. If they came with a game (I'm not sure if that particular auction did), then it's not too bad. The last few sets located in North America sold around $75 - $100 shipped (I think they each came with the game).

Did it come with the original box?

Journeyz
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:37 pm
quote : #3
No, the picture didn't show the original box. I was happy about it until I saw the $50 shipping price. I didn't see it before. I'm never going to do my eBay business while I do my homework again. It proves to be distracting.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:10 pm
quote : #4
yeah, never do homework again, it costs you money Mr. Green Mr. Green

Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:25 pm
quote : #5
Ever tried shipping something internationally before? It's mega-expensive. That's how much I paid for mine, too. And I didn't get the game with it, I had to import that separately. so in essence I paid roughly $35 more than you.

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:05 pm
quote : #6
Actually. I'd say you got a good deal. The game + the sticks.
You saved a slight little. For having to buy them seperatly. I remember I did the same mistake as you. I was going to bid on An import version of marvel vs capcom. I have no idea why I did'nt notice. I ended up bidding 300$ for them. I was surprise. and hopping it wouldn't go that high. It didn't. Just $30 Smile I was little mmm surprise. But happy that i don't have to pay $300 for a game ~_~. Lesson. When you are at ebay. don't do anything else. Smile

Journeyz
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:11 am
quote : #7
Metal Hedgehog wrote:
Actually. I'd say you got a good deal. The game + the sticks.
You saved a slight little. For having to buy them seperatly. I remember I did the same mistake as you. I was going to bid on An import version of marvel vs capcom. I have no idea why I did'nt notice. I ended up bidding 300$ for them. I was surprise. and hopping it wouldn't go that high. It didn't. Just $30 Smile I was little mmm surprise. But happy that i don't have to pay $300 for a game ~_~. Lesson. When you are at ebay. don't do anything else. Smile

I would have been so freaked out. It's easy to misplace the decimal on eBay. Confused
I'm starting to realize this is a good buy. I just wish I had someone to play with because I'll get bored playing vs. CPU eventually. But now that I think of it, whoever I play with will have to use the pad. Not only that, I'd rather connect 2 dreamcasts for proper multiplayer than play 2 player on one tv. Splitscreen hinders graphical performance on games.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:26 pm
quote : #8
Type: Pal
Smurph wrote:
Ever tried shipping something internationally before? It's mega-expensive. That's how much I paid for mine, too. And I didn't get the game with it, I had to import that separately. so in essence I paid roughly $35 more than you.

Honestly .... seems we get a shite deal with postage from the USA to UK shipping prices often deter me from bidding on auctions. I seem to post things the opposite way for a fraction of the cost. I am so glad now that we can rate postage costs on Ebay, I think its a step in the right direction.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:43 pm
quote : #9
Blast wrote:
Smurph wrote:

Honestly .... seems we get a shite deal with postage from the USA to UK shipping prices often deter me from bidding on auctions. I seem to post things the opposite way for a fraction of the cost. I am so glad now that we can rate postage costs on Ebay, I think its a step in the right direction.

Laters

Yeah, I was going to ship something to a friend of mine in ireland, but every carrier wanted like $80 for a 3-pound parcel the size of a shoebox. I was like WTF mate?

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:30 am
quote : #10
Second - you got a pair of twinsticks (new) for 70,- $ ... and asking if 50,- $ is 2 much for the shipping? Well Im selling stuff on ebay and international trackable packages are real real expensive. The sticks arent small and Im sure the weight over 2 kg - so 50,- $ is a low shipping rate from honkong.