Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:15 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: Pal
polandDC wrote:
I wish I could play Worms World Party in times of it's splendour. I only had a chance to play it for 3 months before going offline. Still great memories.

This did make me chuckle Very Happy cus WWP on DC never really had a time of splendour. The servers for this game when it was first up and busy were terrible. Constant disconnections, games freezing, game crashing when one player froze it was all going on on WWP. It was almost impossible to ever get a game with 4 players in to start and this actually became an achievement in its slef to play a 4 player game to the finish. People would talk in the chat lobby saying they had played a 4 player game to the finish and other people would refuse to believe it. The KB chat in game never worked but someone found out it did work it just had a bug. IN order to chat you had to find out in each round which controller port was the acceptable input during that round which meant every round you had to go to your DC and start swapping the KB through the ports. I actually phoned the help line number in my manual and got through not to the server hosts or developer but a company here in the UK called Virgin. Virgin had been paid to provide tech support for WWP. The guy at Virgin told me that they had been in contact with the developers as they had had many complaints like mine. Virgin were then told that tests showed there were no problems with the game online even though Virgin were still getting tons of calls from people with problems. Virgin tried to explain all of this to the developers who did not want to know and cut contact with Virgin the company officially providing the tech support Laughing The Guy at Virgin told me that the advice from Virgin was to take the game back to the shop and tell them the game is faulty.

I love telling this story cus its just so odd Very Happy The only kind of splendour time WWP had was during a period say 18 months to 2 years after release when Wormy the worm and a few other players including myself were playing. With less numbers on only 3-5 players the servers seemed to cope fine but I am sure it was only the lack of players that made it work right.

@ Phredreeke: At present the Online time machine is only in developmental stage so I am unsure what exactly it will be able to do. I Started work on the project just after I though about making this thread and after having drunk half a bottle of Vodka. I decided to utilse components from the failed Dreamcast grill that I had worked on sometime previously. The first test was not entirely succesful Sad I was able to power on the machine and set the date location etc but when I sat on it toasted my ass.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:06 am
quote : #17
If I had an online time machine I would have played PSO ALOT MORE. My parents never let me play online games cuz they tied up the phone line too much, I played online with my dreamcast like for only 20 hours total. I never tried Alien Front online but it seemed cool because of the microphone.

ORtrail
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 am
quote : #18
I never owned a copy of Speed Devils until well after the online servers were down. I'd like to go back and play that, along with a lot more Alien Front Online.

davesanti
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:12 pm
quote : #19
Type: NTSC-U/C
I would go to the day SEGANET first went online.
Posted:
Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:18 am
quote : #20
I would like to save all of downloadable content and create saves with online features unlocked. I would like to use Shenmue Passport, play online with my Unreal Tournament, Ooga Booga. I would like to buy and play Gundam Battle: Online and Worms World Party online. So, i would buy all of Dreamcast online games and play all of them at all. I never used Dricas and i didn't have any NTSC-J online games, and i wish to see it. Also, i would like to enter into Sega's ond Gamespy's offices and thieve (or make backups) copies of the server software. Just for great justice for us "segaboys", HAHAHA!