Page 1 of 1
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:41 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
I won a new boxed one with a KB adaptor a few days back on ebay Very Happy As its been a while since I have posted anything about this on the boards thought it would be interesting to have a update (or not) on who has one now? My first netlink played one game of sega rally then died Sad an internal from Segadreamcaster revealed some green bubbling so looks like it fried or something hope its not a common problem. Segadreamcaster and I both have all the games, I have talk unlimited in the UK so basicly for me in the UK this is free Very Happy

Laters
Posted:
Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Will certainly be nice to try this out again...free netlinking here we come again Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:54 am
quote : #3
We have now tried out every game except Voot as we feel this one requires us to spend some time playing it offline to get a grip of what to do. All the games so far have been fun and very playable with perhaps one exception. Sega rally and daytona are great still gota get used to 32 bit gaming again though takes a little adjustment. Bomberman is superb there appears to be a lack of game option but this is good Very Happy it just throws you a bunch of stages to play not sure if they are fixed or random yet but fun anyway. Can see why Saturn bomberman was once voted fans fave. Duke nukem is the exception. First we played what looked like a co-op game against a huge opponent that just killed us within 5 seconds of every spawn and most time it was not even possible to move before you were dead. NOt sure if we were able to shoot each other in that one or not. 2nd we play vs which is bizzare the games just so dam fast its almost impossible to aim and shoot at the other person. Worst. part though is the way the camera swings Sad after 10 mins was really getting giddy almost like motion sickness. Trying to shoot Segadreamcaster and vice versa became so comical that we both stopped playing cus we were laughing so much (we had voice chat on another device)

nIce touchs are the feel of the whole netlink/xband system it feels reliable and is well presented. A big nod to the after game KB chat which actually allows you to just type text no need to enter so you see you friend typing in real time mistakes and all Very Happy this works really well more like a normal conversation.

Laters
Posted:
Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:29 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yeah, was great fun Smile can certainly see us being regular netlinkers now as long as all continues to go well

Would certainly be interested to know if anybody else has ever played Daytona over netlink?.... as it's so rare could we be the first ever? Unlikely I guess but certainly possible considering how rare it is...one thing I am fairly confident of, is that we must be the first in the UK for daytona.

Goof fun anyway...heres to many more netlink sessions Smile

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:56 pm
quote : #5
We have now played Voot Very Happy Must say I thought this was a good game on first impression and over time I am sure I will think this game rocks Very Happy Seems to be some issues with the camera but this could be more to do with me than the game. Seems to be hard to get the camera to stay behind so you can see where your opponent is.

Laters