Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:15 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
a few years ago i aquired a used sonic adventure 2 game that i think was part of that anivsary package that was offered. I think it was that since the area behind the disk says something about sonic 10th aniversary. Is that the case or do they all say that.

However this version doesnt play in Dreamcast Models NTCS-U. I remember having a different model dreamcast that was a newer one to play it that i no longer have. Does anyone know what dreamcast models this plays on? I tried using a boot disk before to get this to work but was unsuccessful.

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:37 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
The anniversary package was a Japan release. It's NTSC-J. You shouldn't have a problem booting it with a boot disc like codebreaker on and NTSC-U machine. I've never seen the anniversary release in person, but the U.S. release does have the tenth anniversary mentioned behind the disc.

Look on the packaging. If it has an ESRB rating or says anything about being able to be played on Dreamcasts purchased in North and South America, you have the standard NTSC-U release and it's probably an issue with your specific Dreamcast if it can't be played.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
Mir_wan
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:57 pm
quote : #3
I def seems like a US release so maybe so i dont know why it doesnt work in my dreamcast. I have tried it on a couple dreamcasts and so far the one i used to have was the only one i got it to work on.

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:17 pm
quote : #4
you should be able to tell the difference, the J version has japanese writing on the back of the cdcase

I have it & can post a pic if you want to compare

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:25 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Mir_wan wrote:
I def seems like a US release so maybe so i dont know why it doesnt work in my dreamcast. I have tried it on a couple dreamcasts and so far the one i used to have was the only one i got it to work on.

The only Anniversary Edition of this game is japanese. Try using a boot disc like CD-X Demo, Gameshark or Utopia.

Dreamcast ™
rank 39
Posted:
Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:54 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes, the Sonic Adventure 2 "10th Anniversary Edition" with the game, booklet, soundtrack and coin was only released in Japan. There was a special "10th Anniversary Edition" in North America (a promotional item only), but it did not include the game (only the booklet, soundtrack, and gold coin).

Supposedly there is a North American version of Sonic Adventure 2 that has the 10th anniversary noted on the front of the case, however that is the only difference from the other retail releases.