Topic: record of lodass war

Page 1 of 1
shrap
rank 10
Posted:
Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
just got this game in the mail. have been looking to buy it forever and finally got it for a decent price with shipping. going to play it for the first time tommorow night and i cant wait to go without sleep for the next couple of weeks. Laughing
Posted:
Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:16 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
RoLW is a great game (if you can look past the fairly horrendous graphics. Even at launch, Lodoss' graphics were extremely underwhelming), especially if you like Diablo-esque hack n' slash, dungeon crawlers, heh. I remember I got the game for Christmas one year and basically fell in love with it. With absolutely no knowledge of the anime, I thought it was a fantastic game. However, once I watched the anime series, I found the game to be that much sweeter. It's a rather lengthy adventure, so gear up to cut your way through countless hordes of baddies for the better side of 50 hours. Moreover, do be well aware, the game is insanely difficult. Even the first quest is rather hard. Moral of the story: don't expect a quick and easy trounce through the game. Expect to put in some long hours and mindless slashing. If that's what you like, then Lodoss is going to be a good experience.
Posted:
Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:13 am
quote : #3
seconded, it may no look pretty, but its a great (or should I say grand) game, I spent at least 60+ hours on completing this (I'm a sucker for finding/unlocking everything in an rpg Laughing )

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
axlrose2k5
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:55 pm
quote : #4
My friend let me borrow the game for a month, a couple of years back. I really enjoyed it, and now that I'm back into the Dreamcast I might pick it up.

Manji
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:43 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
also a big fan of this game, although it got difficult for me and i never completed (the swarms of enemies in some areas would overwhelm me to the point of frustration). i would not wear boots that made a lot of noise, because with as many footsteps as you're taking, the sound effect of the "clank clank clank" got pretty annoying.

shrap
rank 10
Posted:
Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:04 pm
quote : #6
only a couple of hours into the game but loving it so far. like how the game is an open world and i can go anywhere. but yea those boots are annoying as all hell. Laughing