Topic: Dreamcast VGA Sound

Page 1 of 1
Jimyerk2k
rank 7
Posted:
Wed May 21, 2008 8:01 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hasn't anybody noticed when you put headphones into the VGA Box the audio is really quiet? I just bought a nice (nice for me) set of headphones, I was excited to use these headphone for Rez but the audio seems a little too quiet. Is there some way to remedy this?
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Wed May 21, 2008 9:21 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Buy/find a set of computer speakers with a headphone jack to use as an amplifier. I had the same exact problem when I first began using a VGA box. For even better results, try using an AV receiver by running the red and white cables from your VGA box to the receiver, then connect the headphones to the receiver or just crank the volume up and output the audio through your speakers if it won't disturb anyone. Mr. Green

Mazonemayu
rank 27
Posted:
Wed May 21, 2008 11:54 pm
quote : #3
I hooked my vgabox up with my surround (which also has a headphone hole, so I plug it in there & the sound is ok then)

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Starwalker
rank 14
Posted:
Thu May 22, 2008 3:43 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
I've been playing DC with VGA for like 7 years by only pluging in the headphones there and its like perfec t for me, the sound volume is exactly what I like. Of course having a way to control volume would be much better but unless theres a lot of noise in house or street is ok for me.
rank 37
Posted:
Thu May 22, 2008 8:35 am
quote : #5
i got a pretty cheap set of computer speakers for my VGA box. it has 3 channels and one of them is a small woofer. this cheap set up has awesome sound on the K project game. so it should be just as good for rez. i highly recommend using some kind of sub woofer when playing REZ .

if you cant play your games loud these computer speakers have a head phone jack on them. so this seems like it would be your best bet.
Posted:
Fri May 23, 2008 5:36 am
quote : #6
Strange, I had the exact opposite problem, my VGA box made my games too loud to bear with headphones Razz

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri May 23, 2008 8:04 am
quote : #7
Type: Pal
I only tried mine briefly to see that it worked it will go into permanent operation when I move my set up. I found it all to quiet as well Sad on both headphones and speakers. Really does need a volume control built in. I have found this lurking in my house, think I got it from work so I will have to test if I can crank it up a bit

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k94/jimsmillions/volume.jpg

Laters
Posted:
Fri May 23, 2008 9:56 am
quote : #8
Blast wrote:
I only tried mine briefly to see that it worked it will go into permanent operation when I move my set up. I found it all to quiet as well Sad on both headphones and speakers. Really does need a volume control built in. I have found this lurking in my house, think I got it from work so I will have to test if I can crank it up a bit

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k94/jimsmillions/volume.jpg

Laters

lmao this is why you use computer speakers. i know some computer speakers don't have a volume control built in, but many do. both sets i use have one.

if i couldn't control the volume on my games it would drive me nuts
Posted:
Fri May 23, 2008 10:10 am
quote : #9
Type: Pal
They were PC speakers I used, it was quiet even on maximum volume or not what you would call loud anyway. No where near as loud as the speakers will go. So not expecting much from the volume box but you never know.

Laters
Posted:
Fri May 23, 2008 10:21 am
quote : #10
that sucks. do you by some chance have your DC set to mono sound instead of stereo? i know thats a long shot but ya never know.