1, 2, 3, 4  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:34 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
This site started April 26th 2003. The Dreamcast site in particular was built to save something that was crumbling around us. The summer was hard. In June-August most of the online Dreamcast games went offline. This site had just barely started. I didn't even really need to advertise it much, the Dreamcast gamers just started showing up out of nowhere(no more Field of Dreams puns...k tnx lol). We were left with a scattered version of Dreamcast online gaming, a shadow of SegaNet's former self. However over the past 8 months we have re-built Dreamcast online gaming. It has not been an easy task and has taken the self sacrifice of many people.

Some of the dreamcast's online capabilities were rediscovered. Countless game content downloads were salvaged. Special guides and game help files were put up. Community members pooled their time and researched many facets of dreamcast online gaming to see exactly what could accomplished now, after Sega cut off many of its servers. We soon started to find more functioning online abilities with the Dreamcast than we could have even guessed back in April. Honestly I thought by now Dreamcast Online Gaming would consist of surfing the internet, Sega Swirl and Quake 3 Arena. I thought by now thats all we would be left with. This however was not the case.

In the next 48 hours we will be nearing completion on all of the painstaking research we have done over the past 8 months. The Dreamcast OC site is nearing a content completion point where the bulk of the necessary Dreamcast Online content information is to be finished and filled in. I did start this website, however actually adding all this content and finding it was a community effort. I would like to thank the following people who specifically helped save Dreamcast Online gaming. If it wasn't for this community effort, DC online gaming would have vanished and most of the information and files lost forever.

THANX TO:

GameGuides:
Chris5687
Tao
WormyTheWorm

PAL PSO Research and Support:
DreamcastMagic
Chris5687

VMU File Research and Retrieval:
Chris5687
DreamcastMagic
ZeiramWing

VMU File Testing:
MasterCheif
ZeiramWing
tony2004

Started Quake 3 Servers:
Na'Ryan[UK]

PSO Snaphot Email Testing:
frokid879

Top Game Schedule Poster:
WormyTheWorm

HUGE thanx to everyone that took PSO snapshot pics during september of 2003 on DC PSO. We have the only recorded archive of images from US DC PSO's final days online. The overwhelming amount of fantastic shots the site features from those days was well worth it. Thanks to all who submitted a photo during that month.

-

Whats next up on the agenda you ask? Well isn't it obvious? Gaming of course. Now we can sit back and relax and concentrate on having fun. Tournaments, Contests, and game petitions are on the horizon.

Once again thanks to everyone who has helped make the best Dreamcast Online Gaming site ever.

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Posted:
Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:53 pm
quote : #2
amen....lets keep this sucker alive!!!!!!!!

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Jan 01, 2004 4:08 pm
quote : #3
Wonderful words. 2004 looks good, and so does the dc. But you mention contests? Oh I am very interested!
Posted:
Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:55 pm
quote : #4
OC rules!!!!!!!!!
Posted:
Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:26 pm
quote : #5
OC is a blessing to all we dreamcast gamers. Thanks to you my dreamcast is online, I have a new web breowser, and I wont have to worry about the downloadables from the DC websites from going down scince they are uploaded here. Thank you OC!

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:35 pm
quote : #6
OC is best DC online gaming community period

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:28 pm
quote : #7
The hard work and effort was worth it. This site has became a very, very well done and professinal site. And is the ONLY place (other then maybe if there is Japnanese sites) where a scheduler is actually active, and a ative message board, and tons of great info. Well done lordnikon and to everyone else who has helped out.

Stewy01
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:29 pm
quote : #8
Dude, this site kicks ass and i love the fact that we're slowly piecing together an "army" somewhat of hardcore gamers who know what the DC can really handle. I'm keeping SegaNet because it's inexpensive and well worth it. Of course, I strongly think that games like Starlancer and Worms World Party should be made on the PC because it would attract more gamers and add more fun for ME!!!
Posted:
Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:19 pm
quote : #9
Word, nikon. The community just keeps growing and growing. And everyone seems to be very deeply involved. *round of applause*. Because of websites like this one, the DC will never die. Lots of dedication here. Smile Once again, great job everyone. (Hopefully I'll be able to get another game guide up soon)

Doom27
banned!
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:40 am
quote : #10
OC is the worst online gaming commity i have ever seen.......lol just jokin its the best! Wink

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:15 am
quote : #11
DreamcastMagic wrote:
OC is best DC online gaming community period

id have to disagree. oc is the best online gaming community exclamation point.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
qatmix
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:49 pm
quote : #12
indeed, its really friendly and does not insult newbies, but instead welcomes them. Which is important if you want a scene to grow. Very Happy
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:48 pm
quote : #13
Yeah, i'm new to OC and i'm surprised how big/professional it is. I'm also very interested in these competitions, tell us more plz.

Hope to meet you guys on Starlancer, F355, PSO, and hopefully 4x4 soon. byee

frokid879
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:59 pm
quote : #14
OC is c00, w00t. its the place where i can find true and helpful info
Posted:
Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:33 am
quote : #15
Type: NTSC-U
wait for it...

VIVA LA OC!

I am so glad i stumbled onto this site. I was searching the net for dc online info and this site came up, oh thank you, google! This is one of the few sites i actually post on, because everyone heres just so damn cool. you don't have to worry bout getting flamed or shifting thru all sorts of stupid posts.