Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
DJShrimpy
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:18 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I recently got my copy of Bleemcast for Metal Gear Solid, but I don't know if I should get the original PS1 release or the copy that comes with the new Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection. The disc that comes in the collection is apparently still in PS1 format but I don't know if it will still work with Bleemcast. Has anyone tried this out?

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:06 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
I would say just to be safe, use the original version. The MGS Bleemcast was optimized for that game. The other disc may or may not be the same and you may or may not encounter a problem until half way through the game.

But, I can't definitively say it will or won't work because I don't have the ability to test it.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:25 pm
quote : #3
I don't think there will be any problem. I say try it out. It should play fine Wink
Posted:
Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:31 am
quote : #4
It works wonderfully. It even improves the graphics! I have beaten it twice on the bleemcast. I had an issue with a whole memory card for one psx game though.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:33 am
quote : #5
You should look into picking up a 4X VMU that has 4 slots. Then you can simply swap between channels on the memory card, and use one for Bleemcast, and the other 3 slots for Dreamcast saves Wink
Posted:
Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:40 am
quote : #6
How are those Bleemcast games? I've heard about them, but haven't had the ambition to get my hands on them yet. Are there any issues with the controllers?
Posted:
Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:38 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
Chum_Bum wrote:
How are those Bleemcast games? I've heard about them, but haven't had the ambition to get my hands on them yet. Are there any issues with the controllers?

I didn't notice any problem. But if you prefer a PlayStation controller for these games, get a joypad converter Wink

playmyocarina
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:01 pm
quote : #8
you don't need ps controller, i actually played MGS on bleemcast before i played the ps version and had no trouble with the controller. I have played on both systems and actually prefer the Dreamcast controller

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:51 pm
quote : #9
Just curious, but has anyone ever ran into any system freezing or glitch issues with the MGS Bleemcast disc?

I know the beta disc on various games has all types of conflicts, but is the MGS disc 100% foolproof through the entire game?
Posted:
Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:13 pm
quote : #10
Type: PAL
I completed 1 time Metal Gear Solid using the MGS Bleemcast disc and I didn't noticed any problem while playing as far as i remember.
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:49 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U
where is a good place to download bleemcast games? sorry if this is forbidden to talk about :s

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:12 pm
quote : #12
peens you cannot download bleemcast! at least not the official ones. as for the beta, its all over the web.
Posted:
Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:33 pm
quote : #13
I have MGS1 for Bleemcast, and I have never had any freezing or glitching issues. Ditto for Bleemcast wtih Gran Turismo 2 and Tekken 3. They all work wonderfully well, and they greatly improve the graphical presentation.

How are my little crackers doing today?