Topic: Innovation arcade stick

Page 1 of 1
DJShrimpy
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:44 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Does anyone here have this? How is it compared to the Agetec stick (aka the "official" Dreamcast stick)? I recently got MvC2 and SFA3 for cheap, and most of the moves are literally impossible to pull off with the Dreamcast's dpad from hell. The reason I ask is because there is about a $50 price difference between the two. Has anyone here experienced both?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:47 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
When it comes to arcade sticks, there is usually a reason for the price difference. Go with the Agetec stick. It is closer to a real arcade stick and you can mod the stick and buttons later if you want. The other option is to get a HORI PS2 stick, and controller converter.

If you buy a cheap arcade stick, you will be dissapointed. Sure you may have only spent a few dollars on it, but now you have an arcade stick that doesn't suit your needs, and would be impossible to sell off. If you went with the agetec stick, and changed your mind down the road for a PS2 stick or something, you could sell off the Agetec stick for close to what you originally paid.
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:40 am
quote : #3
The Innovation one doesn't look that bad. The buttons are a touch different, but that shouldn't change anything. Can't see why it would be a bad arcade stick.
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:29 pm
quote : #4
Doesnt look that bad.... isnt the question. Its more a question of whats inside the box. Agetec and Hori that means high quality - longlife! Buttons which ll work maybe forever. You ll break the innovation stick faster then you can play your games. Or it wont act like you would like 2 see it. If you realy wanna use your stick hardly - then go with the agetec - if you only wanna play a short time (I own the agetec and Im not using it!) ---> then get the cheap one. But its a waste of money Mr. Green
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:22 pm
quote : #5
grubensau wrote:
Doesnt look that bad.... isnt the question. Its more a question of whats inside the box. Agetec and Hori that means high quality - longlife! Buttons which ll work maybe forever. You ll break the innovation stick faster then you can play your games. Or it wont act like you would like 2 see it. If you realy wanna use your stick hardly - then go with the agetec - if you only wanna play a short time (I own the agetec and Im not using it!) ---> then get the cheap one. But its a waste of money Mr. Green
I've had a few Innovation things, none have ever broken or died. With that type of difference in price the Innovation stick is deffinately worth it.
Posted:
Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:26 pm
quote : #6
innovation stick is generally regarded among stick users, to be total garbage. If you're going to by a big clunky stick to game with, it might as well be something useful, and that you'll be confident with.

The Agetec is not without its faults. Buttons feel kind of cheap but work well, and the stick is rather mediocre since it had a tendency to get stuck in corners. It's not very hard to mod it with a proper stick, but at that point you might as well buy something like a hrap2 you know?

good luck
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:48 am
quote : #7
nick944 wrote:
With that type of difference in price the Innovation stick is deffinately worth it.

Yeah - I thought the same - bought one and sold it.......