Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic
c2ironfist
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:11 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey All

Now I'm not too familiar with F355 Challnge.. all I know is that I suck lol.

But I'm a huge Dreamcast fan and I'd like to extend the life of my Dreamcast further by considering stepping up and giving this game a try.

Not only a try but a big one.. where I would invest in two racing wheels and set up a vs link cable and all that stuff.

So I want to ask you guys if you would recommend getting two wheels or even one?
If so where is a good place to start?

You can add in any other comments as well about the game I'm all ears.

Thanks
Jimmy
Posted:
Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:45 am
quote : #2
You can find the two wheels your looking for on ebay....also the link cable can be found - but you have to look for it hard cause its pretty hard to find... Also if your really not into New wheelspeople sell two at the same time in a lot which can save you a couple of bucks...

c2ironfist
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:20 pm
quote : #3
killer

Thanks for replying.. and the recommendations.

What I'm really asking is that, is this game really that good and is it still the best experience?

Worth buying two copies for vs link play?
Worth getting two wheels?
Or is the controller just fine?

I don't know some one help me out lol...

I'm trying to find a good excuse to add more games into my Dreamcast library. But if there are other games that now top out F355 then I probably won't do it.

I'm not a huge Racing fan but I'd like to give it a shot if its that good.. I'm sure I'd find some one to play with me for a few times lol.

Anyways let me know what your experience is with the game and if you ever used a racing wheel add in on that too thanks

Jimmy

Posted Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:51 pm:

Just to let you guys know I decided to take the plunge and invest in a wheel

I got the game for 18$ and I got the wheel for 19$ lus 20$ shipped.

I hope its worth it. I already have a burnt copy to play for now so I'm ahead of myself before the wheel gets here. hehe
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:38 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTC-U
Hello,

I have just got myself 2 CONCEPT 4 WHEELS for the Dreamcast. Im having a problem getting the VS LINK Activating in Ferrari F355 for the DC.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/716QBGPYYAL._SL500_AA280_.gif

I do have :

2 Dreamcast's,
the Vs ink,
2 Controllers
and 2 official copies of the US Ferrari F355.

The cable does work with Virtual On....

Howevr, With the Concept Wheel , DOES anyone know what to press to activate the F355 link code? Any one have the Same wheel too?

Please reply

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/716QBGPYYAL._SL500_AA280_.gif

c2ironfist
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:00 pm
quote : #5
The code for to unlock Link vs Mode is

Mode Link

To have the Link Mode in the US or EUR version of F355 Challenge, maintain the ''X+Y'' button in the menu.

Quoted from Gamefaqs.

If your unable to connect using the code and you get an error, then it might be theDragoncast Cable (assuming that your using the Dragoncast).

I've had the same problem with my vs cable, but it's reversed F355 works but VOOT doesn't.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Take care
Jimmy
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:09 pm
quote : #6
Thanks for your help Jimmy,

It helped me out, I ended up messing around with it on the options screen holding L +R and it worrked.

Thanks for your reply!

~DCbrotha

c2ironfist
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:43 pm
quote : #7
great to hear and enjoy the game

I love it btw but I am not that good hehe
Posted:
Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:23 pm
quote : #8
Hahahaha, I hear ya there. This game is difficultly fun. Because the game has a good difficulty it keeps me coming back for more. I always say what is the fun in playing a game if its not challenging?

I was really worried if the problem was with my VS. cable, however I do have the Sega Brand cable and I didnt think I would have any issues with it.

What I was doing.....was pressing L-R +Start on the Title Screen instead of the Menu Screen.

Now..... I do have one question to put out there----

Does leaving the Dreamcasts connected to each other with the VS cable ruin the cable or lifespan of the Dreamcasts while playing ONE Dreamcast? (One Player games)

Anyone know this?

" I would hate to ruin them where One DC is trying to give connectivity to the other and the other DC is turned off."

I'd do anything to spare the life of the DC and especialy the VS. Cable!

c2ironfist
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:56 am
quote : #9
I dont think leaving them connected will ruin them. Its like leaving your Dreamcast plugged in, shouldnt be a problem at all.

You should relax and enjoy, I use to be the same way with my stuff. I even buy multiple copies of games I love just for insurance purposes.

At the end I realized all I really needed was one copy of the game because I take perfect care of all my items.