Page Location: Home > Classic Sega > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:32 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well I finally got around to wrapping up SNATCHER. What a great game. It was interesting how similar the story flow is to the Metal Gear games, where the very end of the game is chocked full of unskipable dialogue.

The whole time I was playing I tried to visualize what it would be like to play this back when it first came out. It was such a rewarding game, much like many of Kojima's other efforts.

Has anyone else here played this game from start to finish yet?
Posted:
Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:31 am
quote : #2
I always liked the art style of Snatcher. Is it an adventure game like Willy Beamish and Secret of Monkey Island?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:58 am
quote : #3
Yea it is an Adventure game with dialogue trees and such, however with one twist. You can use the gun from Lethal Enforcers during shooting sequences Wink Though I only used a controller this time since I don't own a Lethal Enforcers gun yet.
Posted:
Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:38 am
quote : #4
Ok, sounds like something I'd dig then. Heard about the light gun support years ago and thought it was a joke or something. Pretty cool idea.

gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:29 pm
quote : #5
I've heard a lot about this game, I hope I can get to play through it someday.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:43 pm
quote : #6
hmm i am ignorant to this title Shocked what platform is it on? it sounds interesting
Posted:
Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:50 pm
quote : #7
^^SEGA CD!

I have yet to play it, although I have a copy. So there are shooting sequences? I was under the impression it was mostly a pretty text adventure kind of game.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:59 am
quote : #8
I too didn't know about these scenes with lightgun support, news to me. Makes it all the more appealing.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:28 am
quote : #9
Yea the lightgun scenes, which you can use a controller or the Lethal Enforcer gun for, cut the screen up into 9 sections like a tic-tac-toe board. Your gun crosshair is centered and you move it out ot the other areas of the screen to take out enemies that appear. I am not sure if the screen grid is removed when you use the Lethal Enforcer gun though. I havn't tried it yet.

As for SNATCHER, this game is expensive to say the least. The game will run you $100.00 on average. So here is a tutorial for downloading and playing Snatcher on your PC via an emulator. I think everyone should play this game. It lasts about 12-14 hours in length and is produced by Hideo Kojima of Metal Gear fame.

Tutorial for Running Snatcher on PC via emulation, by lordnikon wrote:
Game: http://www.coolrom.com/roms/segacd/258/Snatcher.php
Emulator: http://www.emuxhaven.net/emuxhaven/sega/Fusion33.zip
Bios: http://www.romnation.net/srv/download/rom/51784/genesis2/SegaCD-Model-2-BIOS-V2-11-U-Jun-1993.html

1.) Extract BIOS to Fusion folder, and Config BIOS location under Options > Set Config
2.) disable FPS and LED under Options tab
3.) For graphics config, disable Filtering (removes blurryness)
4.) 25-50% scanlines recommended
5.) fullscreen play at 800x600 or 1024x768, window mode best at 640x480
6.) PC Joypad or controller converter highly recommended!

I think this emulator will save the game just like you normally would in-game. Just to be sure though, I would try saving the first oportunity you get and then exiting the program and restarting to see if you can load a game from the ingame menu. If not, then use the emulators built in save state function. Though I am pretty certain this emulator lets you use the games built in save functionality.
Posted:
Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:00 pm
quote : #10
Or if you have a Sega CD, burn the game to a disc and play. No copy protection on sega cd.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:37 am
quote : #11
Type: PAL
lordnikon wrote:
Yea the lightgun scenes, which you can use a controller or the Lethal Enforcer gun for, cut the screen up into 9 sections like a tic-tac-toe board. Your gun crosshair is centered and you move it out ot the other areas of the screen to take out enemies that appear. I am not sure if the screen grid is removed when you use the Lethal Enforcer gun though. I havn't tried it yet.

As for SNATCHER, this game is expensive to say the least. The game will run you $100.00 on average. So here is a tutorial for downloading and playing Snatcher on your PC via an emulator. I think everyone should play this game. It lasts about 12-14 hours in length and is produced by Hideo Kojima of Metal Gear fame.

Tutorial for Running Snatcher on PC via emulation, by lordnikon wrote:
Game: http://www.coolrom.com/roms/segacd/258/Snatcher.php
Emulator: http://www.emuxhaven.net/emuxhaven/sega/Fusion33.zip
Bios: http://www.romnation.net/srv/download/rom/51784/genesis2/SegaCD-Model-2-BIOS-V2-11-U-Jun-1993.html

1.) Extract BIOS to Fusion folder, and Config BIOS location under Options > Set Config
2.) disable FPS and LED under Options tab
3.) For graphics config, disable Filtering (removes blurryness)
4.) 25-50% scanlines recommended
5.) fullscreen play at 800x600 or 1024x768, window mode best at 640x480
6.) PC Joypad or controller converter highly recommended!

I think this emulator will save the game just like you normally would in-game. Just to be sure though, I would try saving the first oportunity you get and then exiting the program and restarting to see if you can load a game from the ingame menu. If not, then use the emulators built in save state function. Though I am pretty certain this emulator lets you use the games built in save functionality.

I've been wanting to play this for ages, thank you very very much! Mr. Green Mr. Green
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:16 pm
quote : #12
Wow! 5 minutes in and I'm already amazed. The music is great and I had no clue the Sega CD could pull off this shit.
Lol, I love this game's sense of humor to. There's tons of little jokes like for example, when I went to a store and literally tried to buy happiness.

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:32 pm:

Hm, I just saw Blade Runner and I gotta admit I like Snatcher more.

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:32 am
quote : #13
an amazing game. I was playing it on a gp2x a while back and had to stop since the emulation wasn't up to snuff, and snatcher deserves better.

there's also a half-decent msx version.

I hope to get around to finishing this one..