Page 1 of 1
GrooveyDisco
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:03 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
I would like to hear your views and opinions on this game as I'm currently playing Sonic Adventure and may be buying this game soon Very Happy

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:36 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
sonic 2 is better. its pretty much everything the first one is and more. they cleaned the graphics up a bit and imo made some improvement on the camera. it also has the dark side to play. you can use shadow instead of sonic.
Posted:
Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:41 pm
quote : #3
Playing as the dark sonic would be sweet plus if the camera has been revamped could make the game play even more interesting. The 1st game kicks ass i love it but having read a few reviews and that for Sonic A2 i would definitely like to try it out. Just gotta finish off a few things on the 1st game Very Happy

JKKDARK
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:40 pm
quote : #4
gary_b wrote:
sonic 2 is better. its pretty much everything the first one is and more. they cleaned the graphics up a bit and imo made some improvement on the camera. it also has the dark side to play. you can use shadow instead of sonic.

I don't agree, I think the first one is better. You can't travel around the city Sad

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:54 pm
quote : #5
JKKDARK wrote:
gary_b wrote:

I don't agree, I think the first one is better. You can't travel around the city Sad
lmao having to walk through the city was one of the things i didn't care for in sonic1. i like the action stages. to each his own i guess Very Happy
Posted:
Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 am
quote : #6
Sonic Adventure 2 is great but the 1st was better, the graphics and the music are better than the previous but the gameplay and the story SA1is better, but it still a recommended game for every DCer
Posted:
Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:32 pm
quote : #7
I thought the story in SA2 was more exciting... Also, the possibility of grinding rails like in Tony Hawks Pro Skater made some stages very fun to play!

What does make SA2 a little boring are the stages where you have to play with Knuckles or Tails...
As for the music... SA2 has many good songs, wich move a little more to the rock and roll side of things, matching the excitment of the game perfectly...
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:21 pm
quote : #8
Sonic Adventure was way better overall and although SA2 had some really cool elements (better graphics, grinding) it was overshadowed deeply with major crappy elements ( the Tail's and Knuckles stages, the voices seemed worse and not balanced volume wise, storyline was really bad)
But some of the sonic stages are really awesome like the first one and the green forest are amazing.
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:33 am
quote : #9
Jimyerk2k wrote:
But some of the sonic stages are really awesome like the first one and the green forest are amazing.
yeah i like to replay the sonic action stages.

another thing SA2 has is the kart racing. sure it is not the best racing game, but it is yet another bonus of SA2. i like both games but if i had to give up one. it would be the first one. the 2nt game just has more going for it.
Posted:
Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:37 pm
quote : #10
Sonic Adventure 2 had too much grinding which was a turn off for me. Sonic is a character that likes to run, not grind rails. Other characters have more game time, so you'll be doing more treasure hunts and robot levels (E-102 gamma type of gameplay). They didn't incorporate the RPG feature that the first one had, so no more running around talking to people. Big the cat is no longer playable, which was a sad thing for me because I liked fishing. Fishing added variety. So I liked Sonic Adventure 1 better. I wish they had stuck with the same formula. At least the voice dubbing isn't as bad.

Kannibal
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:57 am
quote : #11
Hey guys....does Sonic Adventure 2 let you hear the music from the DC Menu? I've always wondered that...I have a demo gave to me by some chick who works at the Toys R' Us I got my DC from...and i never bought the full version of SA2
Posted:
Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:49 pm
quote : #12
Well you can hear the game music in "options > sound > music" It's pretty cool. I enjoy both games lots. I played Sonic adventure 2 and 1 lots. I still haven't manage to get all 180 emblems. But in sonic 1 I have gotten all 130. It kinda sucks you don't get anything. Bigs fishing level were hard. !

The Downer
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:08 am
quote : #13
Sonic Adventure was a much better game than its sequel. I just finished through the second one last week and finally beat it (only took me 7 years). The camera was worse in my humble opinion and the story was pretty awful. I'd also like to note the oddity of the voice acting... the music would over power it at times and there was no time between dialog. The characters would actually talk over one another. The Grinding was an excellent new feature though one of the last stages gave me such a since of awe that I haven't experienced in quiet awhile. Buy both but love one.