Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3
amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:34 am
quote : #31
profile : pm
I just received my copy a couple of days ago, and other then a couple of issues is a fresh new take on the tetris game. The A & B buttons are reversed, as B = accept, A= back and two of the elements are a little tough to tell apart.

The game controls are bang on, with it looking, playing and sounding just as good if not better than a lot of the official releases.

The package as a whole is very professional, I am glad that I bought it and hope to support these or any other folks in their future Dreamcast releases. They have raised the bar so much with this release it is tough to call it a homebrew!

Thank You Yuan Works for this game, I hope you sell a ton of copies of this fine game, Good Luck on your future endeavors!

GrooveyDisco
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:35 pm
quote : #32
Type: PAL
Well i've finally ordered myself a copy Very Happy can't wait, from what people have been saying and what i've seen on the net should be awesome.

michel
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:03 pm
quote : #33
I've been playing it for a week, and I must say that this game is great (and I I'm not a puzzle games fan).

At its core its much more sophisticate and strategic than Tetris, Puzzle Bobble, etc; and I'm not even counting the different difficulty levels and offensive/defensive stances in vs. playing

The story mode is addicting and full of features. There's a very humorous suprise at about 55% of completion which I loved; it caught me completely off guard! (but I don't want to spoil the surprise)

Didn't play it in 1P vs 2P mode yet, though Wink

Its production values are extremely high, and superior to most of the so called "official releases".

It gives me the impression of a game made by game lovers for game lovers. All for 25 euros + shipping!

YuanHao
rank 2
Posted:
Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:58 am
quote : #34
Type: NTSC-U/C
Thanks guys! I hope you're still enjoying the game Very Happy

@amcdc79: I know, A and B are reversed compared to official DC releases but this couldn't get fixed in the end. Very sorry about that Sad

Anyway, for all Dreamcast lovers, we have a little surprise regarding the DC and Wind and Water:

Happy Birthday Dreamcast! Mr. Green

We have also created a new and fresh Wind and Water website, including a new exclusive Dreamcast trailer. Don't forget to support independent games so that we can continue working on our beloved consoles Very Happy

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:38 pm
quote : #35
YuanHao, how well as Wind & Water been selling so far? Has it been enough to fund the development of your next title? I noticed Play-Asia as well as GameChoiceClub are sold out of W&W Puzzle Battles. What other import shops were selling it?

Also, I am digging the new Dreamcast W&W trailer. Good stuff Wink
Posted:
Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:11 pm
quote : #36
W&W was also available on hucast.net and the redspotgames store. Redspot have also put the game up on auction sites eBay and GameGavel (also amazon.com).
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
YuanHao
rank 2
Posted:
Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:01 am
quote : #37
lordnikon: We're happy with how things have gone with W&W and how it has sold. However, the Dreamcast publishing and development was quite costy (remember that we're not the only part involved) and we still have to see if it is worth putting another big effort on a new title. The game was released just a few months ago so we still have to see how it goes on the next few months Smile

As lozz said, the game is available on the redspotgames webshop, and also Amazon with Free shipping in USA. It is now sold-out on hucast.net too, and other import shops in Japan that I saw are also sold out.

Posted Sat May 02, 2009 4:16 pm:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that:

1. Play Asia has restocked the game after months of being out of stock for those who want to grab a copy

2. Wind and Water was featured on gamesTM magazine, a renown UK-based magazine:

They ran an interview about independent development and the Dreamcast, and also reviewed the game, stating that:

“The first thing you’ll notice about W&W is that it has an impressive amount of content for a game that was made by just two people. The puzzle game itself can be played in story mode — a meaty adventure featuring multiple routes, RPG-like progression, animated cut-scenes, text dialogue, even mini-games. It’s basically everything you would expect from a pluzzler’s story mode and more. [...] There’s more here than you’ll find in any of the other genre realeses that appeared during Dreamcast’s lifetime and it’s all top quality too. You never get the feeling that Yuan Works rushed or cut corners throughout production. [...] The core element of Wind and Water is actually a very playable and original concept. [...] The core gameplay has just the right kind of addictive quality to keep you playing for hours [...] In short, if you’re still actively buying Dreamcast games and you’re looking for something different than the usual crop of shooters then this is essential“

This means good news to us as gamesTM is the biggest reviewer so far that has featured W&W. More information and more pictures at our entry on the Yuan Works Blog.

Thanks!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri May 08, 2009 10:35 pm
quote : #38
Awesome thanks for the updated info as always Yuan Wink
Posted:
Sat May 09, 2009 2:58 am
quote : #39
Would you show us the 3x funniest pictures which you got during the sprite order.
Posted:
Sat May 09, 2009 12:50 pm
quote : #40
Ahahaha yeh I remember when I ordered my sprite. It said "no naked pictures", was it you who said it doesn't count as naked if your wearing a hat Laughing
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
numerrik
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:01 pm
quote : #41
This may be fully inappropriate for this topic, but I was wondering, is anyone willing to share their custom sprite codes? I was not one of the lucky ones who got there in time, and was wondering if there was a gallery where I could view them, or obtain some. Thanks in advance for any replies.

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:32 am
quote : #42
@numerrik: Have a look at my avatar Razz