Previous  1, 2
amcdc79
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:01 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Saturn wrote:
Most of those Dreamcast are preowned, so its a cycle really so it doesn't add on to the total Dreamcast sales.

Very true, I was making a small joke, even the few new ones being sold do not bring up the total very much.

Posted Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:35 am:

lordnikon wrote:
vgcharts information on anything dreamcast and prior is innaccurate. It wasn't until recent years that game sales were released to the public on a regular basis. So I wouldn't take anything from vgcharts on the DC as gospel.

Yes Lordnikon, I have seen other numbers that have total Dreamcast sales slightly over the 10million mark, so vgchartz is not gospel, but if the ratio of units sold in the various markets stays the same no matter who's figures you use,the number of Dreamcast sold in the PAL region was almost as high as Japan. Quite a feat considering the lame advertising Sega employed. Maybe one of the reasons might have been due to the Dreamcast's ability to play properly on the PAL TV's, a first for any console.

I was also impressed with the number of quality titles coming from Pal developers, in fact some of my personal favourite NA Dreamcast games were NOT made in Japan or NA. Mind you some of them were developed else where and then published by an American company, Furfighters made by Bizarre Creatures(England)but published by that great maker of fine games Wink Acclaim, is just one example.

Saturn
rank 11
Posted:
Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:22 am
quote : #17
profile : pm
Type: PAL
lordnikon wrote:

So I think from a development standpoint, Europe definatly made its mark when it comes to making Dreamcast games.

So Europe did actually do something during the Dreamcast era.