Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Ragensi
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:40 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Being that the Neo Geo Pocket was the unofficial companion hand held system for the Dreamcast , I was wondering if any of you have an NGPC and/or the link cable?

A pity there weren't more games that took advantage of the Dreamcast - NGPC link cable =/
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:09 pm
quote : #2
I have a brand new sealed NGPC to DC link cable, as well as a NeoGeo Pocket Color, KOF R2, and KOF Dreammatch 99 on DC. I have yet to experiment with linking these together.
Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:20 am
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
I have a brand new sealed NGPC to DC link cable, as well as a NeoGeo Pocket Color, KOF R2, and KOF Dreammatch 99 on DC. I have yet to experiment with linking these together.

Let us know if it's any good maybe I'll get a neo geo. Btw what games can you link?
Stonefreeze
unknown
Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:38 am
quote : #4
I always wanted to score a Neo Geo Pocket Color, being the Dreamcast's answer to the GBA. Did anyone ever try it out? How about the linking? Again, I'm curious, because a couple of good games came for the NGPC, and the linkage between the DC and NGPC would be kind of nice.

Ragensi
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:09 pm
quote : #5
To my knowledge these are the games that support linkup:

* King of Fighters R-2 (links with King of Fighters ‘99 Dream Match and King of Fighters Evolution)
* SNK vs Capcom - Match of the Millennium (links with Capcom vs SNK)
* SNK vs Capcom - Card Fighters’ Clash (links with King of Fighters Evolution)
* SNK vs Capcom - Card Fighters’ Clash Expand Edition (links with Capcom vs SNK 2)
* Cool Cool Jam (links with Cool Cool Toon).

I have used it with MOTM and Capcom vs SNK. Its a great setup being that after you unlock everything in the NGPC version , you still earn shop points.

@ Lordnikon:

Dig the new avatar! E.G.G. is an awesome game. Mr. Green

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:12 pm:

Heh , another thing the NGPC and DC have in common is that they both use that CR2032 battery. So , thats to owning the NGPC I always have an extra set of VMU batteries lying around ^_^
rank 1
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:42 pm
quote : #6
Ragensi wrote:
I have used it with MOTM and Capcom vs SNK. Its a great setup being that after you unlock everything in the NGPC version , you still earn shop points.

How do you use those two games together? I can't seem to figure it out... I connect the Dreamcast and the NGPC to each other, turn them both on, go to the "Secret Mode" menu, then "Neo Geo Pocket Link", then when I proceed to download the vs. points from the NGPC, the DC just sits on the "stand by" / "waiting for connection..." Screen and nothing happens. I can't seem to find any link cable options in MOTM... Any suggestions?

Thanks.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:02 pm
quote : #7
twicesliced, are you using the japanese or US version of match of the millenium?
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:38 pm
quote : #8
US.

nick944
rank 13
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm
quote : #9
nice to see you here twicesliced Smile Wish I could get my hands on that cable at a resonable price...
Posted:
Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:29 pm
quote : #10
Hey, Nick. I suspected someone might recognise me around here Wink

Anyway, while I am using North American copies of Capcom Vs. SNK Millennium Fight 2000 and SNK Vs. Capcom The Match Of The Millennium on a North American Dreamcast and Neo Geo Pocket Color respectively, the link cable looks pretty Japanese (SNK part # NEOP22020)... But that shouldn't be and issue, should it?

I mean, the DC looks all ready to go, but is there something I need to do with the NGPC an MOTM to make it work? Or should it just happen automatically once I tell the DC to do its thing?

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:44 pm:

I just got back from a lunch, and while I was out, I stopped at a game shop at which I remembered seeing a boxed copy of MOTM for NGPC. They let me check out the manual, and wouldn't you know it, I'm a moron Wink There's a "VS MODE" option that I didn't bother to explore... Turns out that's where you set the thing to transfer data with your Dreamcast Embarassed

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:59 am
quote : #11
So I will need a US CvS to use the connection function? I'll need to make both games US ver for them to work? I only own the CvS JAP ver. I bought CvS and CvS pro Very Happy they cost me around 20 for both woot!

I own a neo geo with sonic pocket adventure. Been wanting to get more games that connect with the Dreamcast. Is the cable hard to find?

sonic_shuffle
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:34 pm
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-J
I have Japanese games only - it works fine.

MvC2 and SNK vs Capcom on NGPC connect nicely - give you shop points to buy stuff.

Also connects to KoF Dream Match.
Posted:
Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:42 pm
quote : #13
i almost picked up a Neo Geo pocket color along with 4 games for $35 today. i had to pass one it because i don't have much use for another hand held atm. one of the games was KOF round 2. it also came with Samurai Shodown and a 2 other games that i can't recall atm.