Topic: donation box

Page 1 of 1
grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:19 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I havent seen any real progress - so this is only a short remind. Please all take a look into ur pockets and support the online community.
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:39 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
Yes however it has not been updated since september the 10th, people may have been donating but its just not appearing on there yet.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:10 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes I need to add your latest donation lozz.

Just as a reminder to everyone, please donate $3.00 or more at a time! If you donate $1.00, Paypal sucks out 44 cents! Which means they are taking 44%!!! If you donate $3.00 they only take 14%.

I'll get the donation box updated in the next few days.
Posted:
Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:32 am
quote : #4
ahhh what! Shocked 44% I didn't realise that! oh well I'll just make less frequent donations for a higher amount Laughing

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:18 am
quote : #5
Seems we ll miss the goal - so whats then? OC without official servers? Shocked
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:55 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
The end goal is really next summer at the 1 year anniversary of when the donation box first went up. We will probobly still miss the goal but atleast we might be able to cover half of the yearly costs by then.

I should point out to EVERYONE, that only 11 users here have stepped up to the plate, but have contributed month after month to bring in over 26 donations. This means a very small segment of the community is pulling most of the donation weight around here donating multiple donations per person.

If you are a lurker or figured that other people would simple pick up the slack, I would recommend pitching in a bit simply because so few are donating so much. Remember 3.00 minimum donation, as anything less and PayPal takes out a HUGE percentage. A couple of bucks every other month goes a long way if a large group of people pitch in.

So far the donations have been huge, and I thank all who have donated.
Posted:
Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:25 pm
quote : #7
lordnikon wrote:
The end goal is really next summer.

Good 2 know there is some more time.
Posted:
Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:18 pm
quote : #8
I wish i had papypal. I'll try and ask my brother if he can donate for me and i'll end up paying him.

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:11 am
quote : #9
I think that the emphasis should be that if the costs were spread across the community it would really come down to tiny amounts of input for each user. I mean people who play online on privately run servers on any other console or community often have to pay fees weather it be membership or costs such microsofts "live" fees, this community supplies an amazing service considering there is no requirement to pay towards its costs.
This community has an excellent website and several private servers which have so far been maintained an paid for by Nikon himself. The only restriction is money which is a damn shame because thats the only rescource which is holding back more servers and a better experience online for Dreamcast users.

Not everyone has easy access to paypal or electronic methos of payment, but I'm sure Nikon has talked to people who wish to send donations via post etc. if I remember rightly Mr. Green

Its also somewhere safe to invest your money! The collapse of many Banks, Insurance firms, Pension schemes worldwide is the perfect excuse to put your money into the OC where you know your getting something back Cool Wink