Page Location: Home > Classic Sega > Topic
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:50 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i just scored a sega CDX with the 32X attached to it. it came with 2 controllers and games. the games it came with are 4 sega CD games. Mortal combat CD. sonic CD, dungeon explorer, and snatcher. i got Doom 32X and a few genesis games too. everything is in good working order.

all this for $20
Posted:
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:13 pm
quote : #2
Ok first of all don't use the 32X with the CDX. You are more likely to burnout the CDX unit due to the 32X sending things like audio data through the cart slot. The 32X should be used on a Model 1 or 2 genesis.

Also, was the SNATCHER actually complete?!

Dude you got about $250.00 worth of stuff here for only $20.00. Where on earth did you score this deal from? A complete Snatcher alone runs for over $100.00
Posted:
Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:25 pm
quote : #3
lordnikon wrote:
Ok first of all don't use the 32X with the CDX. You are more likely to burnout the CDX unit due to the 32X sending things like audio data through the cart slot. The 32X should be used on a Model 1 or 2 genesis.
this won't be a problem. i have a model 2 genesis. one thing that is kinda off cool is the 2 new controllers i got today were exactly the same as the 2 i already had for my genesis. so now i have 4 matching 6 button controllers for it.

lordnikon wrote:
Also, was the SNATCHER actually complete?!
why yes, yes it is lol. the only game for CDX that wasnt complete was mortal combat. and the case to dungeon explorer is cracked. but at least the book is here. i can replace the jewel easy enough. is snatcher a good game?

lordnikon wrote:
Dude you got about $250.00 worth of stuff here for only $20.00. Where on earth did you score this deal from? A complete Snatcher alone runs for over $100.00
last night i went to my moms to eat a late thanks giving dinner. an old friend stopped by to have some turkey. he was telling me he had a sega CD and a 32X. but he messed up the power cord and the AV cord. so i told him if he wanted to sell it that i am interested in buying it. he brought it over the next day and told me he wanted $20 for it all. with out hesitation i handed him 20 bucks.

btw the cords that were bad are the same cords that my genesis uses. so his cords being bad means nothing to me Very Happy
Posted:
Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:54 pm
quote : #4
gary_b wrote:
is snatcher a good game?

Posted:
Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:56 pm
quote : #5
i thought the game sounded familiar. i even posted in that thread. but if you look at the post i made over their i said i didn't know much about the game. i have tried a few minutes of the game. so far it seems like it moves along to slow. I'm sure the game will pick up the pace as i make progress Mr. Green
Posted:
Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:45 am
quote : #6
That's a sweet deal indeed. I just sold my CDX a few months ago for $250, granted it was complete with box and all pack-ins.

BTW the CDX uses a slightly different power supply than the Model 2. It will work with the model 2 supply but I'm not sure if that will cause any long-term problems.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:56 am
quote : #7
yeah the CDX power supply outputs 9.5v DC. the model 2 and 32x outputs 10v DC. i do have the CDX power supply and it still works. he cut the cord and spliced them back together. i guess his dog chewed the power and AV cords. other than the 2 cords being chewed on. the system is in great shape. every thing seems to work.
Posted:
Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:59 pm
quote : #8
lordnikon wrote:
gary_b wrote:
is snatcher a good game?

Laughing Laughing

Manji
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:26 am
quote : #9
damn man. that is like the best deal i've ever heard of. makes me feel like anything i buy is way overpriced. where did you find such a deal? or how did such a deal find you? sega cd has some great games!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:18 am
quote : #10
Manji wrote:
where did you find such a deal? or how did such a deal find you?

Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:25 am
quote : #11
lordnikon wrote:
is this only for the CDX version of sega CD? some games need me to have the 32x plugged into the CDX. 32x CD games would need it. how ever with them games i don't think anything like audio would be sent through the cart slot.
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:17 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:
Manji wrote:
where did you find such a deal? or how did such a deal find you?

Laughing Laughing sorry, i seriously overlooked that entire response. i mean, i read it... but i guess it didnt sink in Rolling Eyes so uh yea. thats still an amazing deal. just recently (within the past couple weeks) i started looking at cdx's and thought it was an interesting machine i never heard much about. so im really happy for you gary and a little envious Mr. Green

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:49 pm
quote : #13
Awesome deal, gary_b! considering what those things go for. congrats on being able to form a SEGA Tower Mr. Green
Lordnikon, you're cracking me up with the stuff you're putting in here.