Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
1, 2, 3  Next
Wsttrollboy
rank 4
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:57 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
There is Sonic Adventure download content on there! Go to http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/krbrunn/sonic/index.html
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:06 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hmmm interesting. We have everything on their pretty much hosted hre already. however 2 files on there I have never seen before:

U.S. Launch Party File
Sambo De Amigo File (Modifies Twinkle Park)

Can anyone test those 2 files to verfiy that:

1. They actually work.
2. They are actual SA2 content additions.

If anyone could test that and drop a reply to this thread it would be greatly appreciated.
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:49 pm
quote : #3
Well the Samba file is real, while I havn't seen it before I do know of it. But I would get the US release file from here, it has every SA download content file (even one from Europe, o and yes I said SA not SA2. They are all real and work...

All SA2 file ever made are here, here is a list of all the SA download files you can get from the link and that exist at all:

AT&T Sand Hill Download
AT&T Speed Highway Download
AT&T Mystic Ruins Download
9-9-99 USA DC Birthday Blast
European DC Birthday Blast
Tremble Park
Christmas at Station Square
Y2K Party

Quite surprised this page isn't used more to get files from, all are real files and has been posted before
http://sonicr.home.mindspring.com/vmu.html

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:13 pm
quote : #4
My and nikon were downlading files fromt hat site.

I was only able to figure out what these files did:

Christmas at Station Square
Y2K Party

As for the rest i couldnt find anythng out. do you know how to use them DreamcastMagic? Here is my PM to nikon...if you or someone knows what these do help us out here. I and I'm know lordnikon really appeciate it.

Sonic Adventure Filename:SONIC_ADV Blocks: 10 All this is, is a game save with all 130 Emblems, All character unlocked, etc

My Chaos- Didn't bother, it is obvisously a user file which we aren't looking at right now.

Chao Editor Filename: SONICADV_ALF Blocks: 29 I went ot the Chao garden, I couldn't find anything at the moment. I'll look deeper.

Sand Hill Filename:SONICADV_508 Blocks: 68 Have no clue what to do with this, and files of this type. We're gonna need help, or a way to contact the guy on that site.

Speed Highway Filename:SONICADV_504 Blocks: 68 Have no clue what to do with this, and files of this type. We're gonna need help, or a way to contact the guy on that site

Mystic Ruins Filename:SONICADV_506 Blocks: 58 Have no clue what to do with this, and files of this type. We're gonna need help, or a way to contact the guy on that site

Tremble Park Filename:SONICADV_505 Blocks: 53 When you look at the file on the VMU you can clearly see it has osmetihng to do with Halloween. We're gonna need additional help, or a way to contact the guy on that site.

Christmas at Station Square Filename:SONICADV_509 Blocks: 55 So far all I have seen is this puts Christmas trees all over Station Sqaure and when you get near it it plays music. I believe that is it, but because of the file it is possible there is more to it.

Y2K Party Filename:SONICADV_510 Blocks: 62 This makes A Milineum Ring in front of the train station a long with a few other stuff. When you go near the ring if gives a message Try to find it! It's also in the action stage" So I did some research and found allt he action stage is is to find all the Milineum Rings. Go here for more info http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/sonic_adventure_millineum_ring.txt

SA 1VMU Icons. Once downloaded they make an Icon on your VMU screen. they both lok exactly the same, lol.

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:32 pm
quote : #5
cool, ill check them out and report later.
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:33 pm
quote : #6
I posted asking at a SA message board, im guessing someone there will know. ill post what I get

F-Man
rank 5
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:01 pm
quote : #7
Chris5687 wrote:
Sonic Adventure Filename:SONIC_ADV Blocks: 10 All this is, is a game save with all 130 Emblems, All character unlocked, etc

My Chaos- Didn't bother, it is obvisously a user file which we aren't looking at right now.

Chao Editor Filename: SONICADV_ALF Blocks: 29 I went ot the Chao garden, I couldn't find anything at the moment. I'll look deeper.

Sand Hill Filename:SONICADV_508 Blocks: 68 Have no clue what to do with this, and files of this type. We're gonna need help, or a way to contact the guy on that site.

Speed Highway Filename:SONICADV_504 Blocks: 68 Have no clue what to do with this, and files of this type. We're gonna need help, or a way to contact the guy on that site

Mystic Ruins Filename:SONICADV_506 Blocks: 58 Have no clue what to do with this, and files of this type. We're gonna need help, or a way to contact the guy on that site

Tremble Park Filename:SONICADV_505 Blocks: 53 When you look at the file on the VMU you can clearly see it has osmetihng to do with Halloween. We're gonna need additional help, or a way to contact the guy on that site.

Christmas at Station Square Filename:SONICADV_509 Blocks: 55 So far all I have seen is this puts Christmas trees all over Station Sqaure and when you get near it it plays music. I believe that is it, but because of the file it is possible there is more to it.

Y2K Party Filename:SONICADV_510 Blocks: 62 This makes A Milineum Ring in front of the train station a long with a few other stuff. When you go near the ring if gives a message Try to find it! It's also in the action stage" So I did some research and found allt he action stage is is to find all the Milineum Rings. Go here for more info http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/sonic_adventure_millineum_ring.txt

SA 1VMU Icons. Once downloaded they make an Icon on your VMU screen. they both lok exactly the same, lol.

Sonic Adventure: Wasn't in the DC accessable homepage.
My Chaos: Neither
Chao Editor: Neither, it was made by some guy, you can get any type of chao and use their stats with the VMU with it.
Sand Hill: It was in the homepage
Speed Highway: I think it was there.
Mystic Ruins: I think it was there, a minigame with Knuckles maybe.
Tremble park: It was there, it changes the Twinkle Park level to haloween themed.
Christmas at Station Square: All it does is adding trees, it was in the homepage.
Y2K Party: It was in the homepage. It adds one Y2K ring in every act of every stage.
SA 1VMU Icons: You would get those after participating in the World Rankings (Time attack). I only got the Sonic and Tails one when my DC could go online, maybe there are more.

There, I hope this helped. To see all the downloads you could get from the homepage, go here:
http://www.planetdreamcast.com/sonic/learn/vgames/dc_sa/sadcsite/index.html
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:16 pm
quote : #8
do u need a computer to download those
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:19 pm
quote : #9
tony2004 wrote:
do u need a computer to download those

Duh, they're VMI files, you download them directly from your DC to your VMU. =P
Posted:
Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:03 pm
quote : #10
Not every1 knows that stuff u no

speud
banned!
Posted:
Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:42 pm
quote : #11
Quote:

http://sonicr.home.mindspring.com/vmu.html
(...)
My and nikon were downlading files fromt hat site
(...)
We're gonna need help, or a way to contact the guy on that site

usually people ask BEFORE they transfer someone site's content to their own host, especially when you plan to "borrow" a big part of the original site's content.

i can contact him if you want but im not sure he will really apreciate you stole the files he took time to upload by himself, he will know about it anyway
Posted:
Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:02 pm
quote : #12
speud wrote:
usually people ask BEFORE they transfer someone site's content to their own host, especially when you plan to "borrow" a big part of the original site's content.

i can contact him if you want but im not sure he will really apreciate you stole the files he took time to upload by himself, he will know about it anyway

Thats only if its original content to the user, however these files are not originally his files, they are sega's files. Files that were offered on sega dreamcast official game sites for the public domain. Also any files taken from that website were downloaded...then...re-uploaded to the internet using tool.planetweb.com in order to create fresh reference files.
Posted:
Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:14 pm
quote : #13
Quote:

Thats only if its original content to the user, however these files are not originally his files, they are sega's files. Files that were offered on sega dreamcast official game sites for the public domain.

despite the fact he doesnt own any legal copyright he uploaded them by himself from his vm, its not like tranloading one site's content to the other.
what would you say if someone would take the whole messages from your forum and make a miror site claiming the posts are hims?
im sure if you just contacted him and asked if it didnt matter to take files from his site to make your dl section he would have been OK, or you could at least mention clearly in your section the URL of the page where you downloaded the files.
theres nothing really illegal in taking all the files from his site but thats just not correct.
Posted:
Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:17 pm
quote : #14
bottom line, files not his. Asking would be kind I guess but he didn't say you have to ask...

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:28 pm
quote : #15
speud wrote:
im sure if you just contacted him and asked if it didnt matter to take files from his site to make your dl section he would have been OK, or you could at least mention clearly in your section the URL of the page where you downloaded the files.
theres nothing really illegal in taking all the files from his site but thats just not correct.

The only files that originated from his website that are featured here are the PSO v2 quests. Whch are coming down anyways because they do not function.

ALL of the other downloadable content featured here was taken from OFFICIAL sega websites and sega domains. Painstaking hours were spent by community members to track down credible original files direct from the sega developers. Every single file in our downloadable content area is from an official sega website, aquired before the sites were pulled off the net. The PSO v1 quests were aquired through another PSO website and it clearly stated permission to use them freely.