Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Mirrorboy
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i'd like to change my dreamcast's case to something like this but i'm not sure if that picture is accurate and i don't want to order the wrong thing. i found a site with replacement VMU shells here, but i'm not sure which color (clear, purple, green, pink) will look good with the transparent black. i also can't find a site with replacement controller shells and i would rather do nothing than resort to spray painting.
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:50 am
quote : #2
the picture is a smoke black shell. it says they have other colors but i couldn't find them. i want a blue one. they seem to have a lot of stuff. i wouldn't mind a new light gun too lol

idk if this site is trust worthy though. their payment methods are really strange. click here and read this crap. they only accept bank transfers and money order transfers? wtf Crying or Very sad
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:36 am
quote : #3
yea, they have weird payment options but it seems legit. and it's the only site i can find.
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:11 am
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-J
Let us know if you order from them and you acutally receive your products.

Mirrorboy
rank 3
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:30 am
quote : #5
if i ever order it, i'll let you know. i just spent a good amount of money on buying a light gun and some assorted things for my dreamcast server computer setup, so i'll see.
Posted:
Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:03 pm
quote : #6
I think with these types of Hong Kong distributors, you need to simply set aside a little money and maybe purchase 1 item to see how well the transaction goes. Something relatively cheap that you want, but also something that isn't going to break your bank if you end up losing out on.

Some of these sites are great, some are a crapshoot.

I should point out that those replacement shells can be tricky to find.
Posted:
Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:57 am
quote : #7
You might want to keep an eye on Ebay as well. I bought a brand new purple shell in the box for around $14.99. The fit and finish were perfect, and the only thing I needed to transfer off the original shell was the Dreamcast swirl logo on the cover.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Bloodflow
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:04 pm
quote : #8
Everywhere I have looked is sold out. it sucks too, because a lot of the colors look really cool. I'm not picky either. I could see how putting a yellow led with a yellow case would look really nice, or the same with green. I'll just keep looking and maybe if I'm lucky...