Page 1 of 2
HuBBsDoctor
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:38 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSU-U
Hey guys I am sorry I went inactive a long time ago, but I still stop by and lurk and see what everyone is up too. Anyway i wanted to give you guys a ehads up on something cool I am going to do.

24 Hour Dreamcast-a-thon.

Yep some people over at www.ihaveadreamcast.com just completed their 24 hour session last night and braodcasted it on justin.tv. Now I will do the same. Some friends of mine will come over and we will game for 24 hours, DC only, Feb 4th. Starting at 12am to 12am.

I created a channel at justin.tv, so be sure to watch our attempt at idiocy for the love of gaming.

http://www.justin.tv/fightclubhubbs

Games to be included:

Crazy Taxi 2
Star Wars Jedi Power Battles
Star Wars Ep 1 Pod Racing
Bomberman Online
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 2
Record of Lodoss War
4 Wheel Thunder
Marvel vs Capcom 2
House of the Dead 2
Half-life(Leaked Beta)
ChuChu Rocket
Mars Matrix
Bangai-O
Red Dog
Quake 3 Arena
Worms World Party
Bust-a-Move 4
Dave Mirra BMX
FraneGride (JPN)
Evil Twin (EU)
Cosmic Smash (JPN)
Sonic Adventure 2
REZ (EU)
Dead Or Alive 2
Powerstone 2
Typing of the Dead
Jet Set Radio

We will attempt at least 1 game an hour with no set schedule. For now.
rank 27
Posted:
Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:01 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
That's awesome.

I will come to support you.

peens
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:03 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U
when play quake 3, go online and play with some people on here. that would be quite interesting. i'd go on for a few matches

SEGA RPG FAN
rank 20
Posted:
Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:47 pm
quote : #4
peens wrote:
when play quake 3, go online and play with some people on here. that would be quite interesting. i'd go on for a few matches

I second that. I am not all that great at quake but I would try to find some time. It would at least (hopefully) be interesting to the people you invite to see that people still play dreamcast online.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:23 pm
quote : #5
Dude playing quake 3 online with people from here basically means at least 2+ hours of playing quake 3 =D I remember when ever I would play it online I'd tell me self "I'll only play it for 30 min" Then i begin to win some matches and lose A LOT lol. After a while you lose track of time, before you know it, it's 4am in the morning and you haven't finished your mid term essay that's the that morning. -_- I still passed! But fun.

I need to go play quake 3 online again.

HuBBsDoctor
rank 6
Posted:
Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:36 am
quote : #6
Yeah thats pretty much what happened back when I played quake 3 online. That and Unreal. But unfortunately I have to keep quake offline as I am sure my friends would like to split screen it. But maybe if everybody needs to take a power nap then I might try it.
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:25 pm
quote : #7
yes it would be cool to do the online thing with quake. your 24 hour event is coming up pretty fast here. ill try to make it to see it unfold.
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:05 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
so how is the dream-a-thon coming along? let us all know if you decide to hit up quake 3.

gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:29 pm
quote : #9
i stopped by to watch them play REZ and sonic 2 last night.
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:56 pm
quote : #10
Nice, I see you guys are playing some Shenmue 2. Good stuff! Glad I cought this and was able to tune in some. I'll pop in to see what games you guys continue to play throughout the day. Views: 953 so far. Not bad Cool Also nice to see you returning to some Dreamcast gaming HuBBsDoctor. I remember you from a while back. Looks like 5 years since your last post. A lot has changed here since then but a lot is still the same hehe.
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:20 pm
quote : #11
Thanks Nikon. A lot has changed for me as well. Like getting married a year and a half ago.

We are now in the finally 4 hours and honestly I haven't had more than 3 people chatting with me during the whole thing. My wife is on her way home and I have one more friend coming over for the final 3 hours. This has been a blast and why not come watch the final hours with us.
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:49 pm
quote : #12
I think the reason why there is a lack of chatting is because it forces you to register. I would be chatting in there with you guys but it prompted me to register, and I am working on other things while I am watching you guys play.

Nice job smashing into asetroids in Star Wars Pod Racer while stuffing your faces with pizza Laughing

EDIT: Awesome. Chu-Chu Rocket. If there was any game I would want to watch you guys play, its this one. Not a game to be playing near the end of your day though on such a marathon Very Happy It is like information overload.
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:46 pm
quote : #13
We just had some intense rounds of Quake 3 and HOTD2. Our Final game will also be the last US released Dreamcast game, NHL 2K2.
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:42 pm
quote : #14
It was a good run. If you rotate the spindle and hear / feel a grinding noise inside, chances are the motor is broken (could be a bad brush if the motor isn't brushless). Replacing the motor is hard since it's center aligned / balanced in the plastic housing with a few set-screws.

Sometimes I've found that the laser gets stuck at either end. If you gently pull it back to the center, that might help.

The last thing you might want to try is ensuring that it's getting the right amount of power. Open up the case and remove the power supply. Gently push the pins forward to ensure they make contact with power supply contacts inside the plastic connector.

HuBBsDoctor
rank 6
Posted:
Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:27 pm
quote : #15
It was a good ride but I am bummed that my launch day DC went kaput. =( Now I will have to search the internet for a replacement gd rom drive.