Page 1 of 1
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:35 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Well I recently got my Dreameye through the post. I've got to say its a very compact and innovative piece of kit.
I found a pretty good guide to the Visual Park software here, However I am having some trouble working out how I can use some of the functions. One of my main problems is once I have taken a picture or video and downloaded it to my VMU, how can I upload it or email it to myself? What email client or uploader can I use?

Im also a little clueless about the dreameye itself. I have it loaded up with batteries and I'm guessing the switch on the side is on/off and the shutter on top it just like a normal camera.

Thanks, lozz.
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:07 pm
quote : #2
Type: Pal
I have not used the Dreameye in a very very long time but the information you are asking for is actually in that guide you linked to. Just read the section on Photoshare thats the application you need to use to mail photos to yourself. Mailing videos is pretty pointless unless you are mailing to another DC user as PC's cant play the video file. Amazingly no one has ever written software or driver to play Dreameye videos on a PC unless of course its out there in Japanese and we havent found it yet. NOt sure about the on off switch but one tip is as always remove the batteries from the Dreameye when you dont use it. Dreameye eats batteries if you leave them in Ive never known anything quite like it.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:17 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
lozz wrote:
Amazingly no one has ever written software or driver to play Dreameye videos on a PC unless of course its out there in Japanese and we havent found it yet

I was reading (a translated version) of a japanese site and they claimed that the video compression was a proprietary Sega codec. It's probably, then, a lack of interest coupled with the difficulty involved that's the reason that no one has come up with a way to play it on a PC. Dreampassport and Dreamkey can play it so the codec is probably hidden somewhere on the disc (in a completely unusable form most likely Very Happy)
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:12 am
quote : #4
I know it says to use Phtoshare, but won't that need a POP3 email addy?

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:58 pm
quote : #5
Dreameye used to have live video conferencing that required servers, similarly to other dreamcast games, or other web conferencing applications out there. Obviously the servers no longer works, so there is no longer live chat + mic available.

However, what can still be done with a Dreameye, is 1) take pictures, 2) record video with sound
As lozz has mentioned, yes, POP3 is needed as a means to send the files as an attachment (if i remember right the pictures are jpeg). The video files are only viewable on a dreamcast using the Dreameye software. (again this is all off memory) There are various websites where videos can be uploaded, and then redownloaded, for viewing pleasure. The files are merely files in a vmu format, meaning if they are uploaded, they can be viewed again as long as they make their way back to the vmu.

http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/ handles these things

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:11 am
quote : #6
Hmm well I never managed to get POP3 working before on my DC. I remember trying to setup an account to I could play sega swirl.
Is there anychance of downloading the pictures to my VMU and then uploading elsewhere using a browser such as Dreamkey?
Thanks for the info Chris, whereabouts on blueswirl is the uploader though?

Thanks, lozz.

Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:06 pm
quote : #7
http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/public/uploader.php?lg=en&menu=on

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:33 am
quote : #8
you know you guys can grab those pictures off your dreameye and save them to your computer as png files right?

all you have to do is save the picture to your vmu, then go into like xdp and send them as an attachment, i've always been able to pull em up and save them as png's on my compy, in fact, I have like 50 shots or so saved
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:13 pm
quote : #9
Yes but can I sign into email accounts such as hotmail on XDP?

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:51 pm
quote : #10
you can use old school regular email accounts, like I used one with CoreComm, but we no longer have them... I'll see if I can dig up anything that works with DC and I'll get back to ya

Posted Thursday March 05, 2009 2:21 pm:

ok, so i have tried using about ten different free pop email accounts with dreamkey 3, but have come up unsuccessful in getting any of them to send anything
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:45 pm
quote : #11
I think the thing about POP3 email, or "old school emails" is for one, your email provider must use pop3 and smtp setting, your have to be an account holder of the ISP (free ISPs POP3 probably wont work, you can try tho).

You can ask your provider if there is pop3 or smtp settings for your particular isp, because your user login password and pop3/smtp settings all go through the same authentication process if im right.

when isao accounts were in affect, it worked perfectly. I'm not sure what people are using for ISP's these days, but my asumption would be if youre using a BBA and your provider has pop3 settings available it would still work as well.