Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
Ronin
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:03 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
It's been a long while since I played this game what with all the hub bub if my life. Is it just me or does anyone else feel the missing of a vibe or pizzaz that games used to give like...oh say...like Jet Set Radio. Now I am proud to call this the first game to use cell shade art style and to me it feels alot more smoother and more fun compared to THPS 1 and 2 for DC. It also had the best feature to make your own custom graphics and with Sega supporting internet DLC, you could download other's graphics via the internet.

I play this game again and oh it's soooooooooooo goooooooooooooood. Sadly the internet part of it is dead, but I just hope it's not gone. Has anyone tried to host a JSR server where we can put our graphic stuff and all in? Also is there any place to download these things anymore?
Posted:
Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:29 pm
quote : #2
Heh, I just RE-got a brand new copy in the mail just today. Even got a French instruction manual with it; god knows what I could do with that.

Ronin
rank 5
Posted:
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:43 pm
quote : #3
Re? As in a re-release? And if you got it in French is it NTSC or PAL? -.0?
Posted:
Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:37 pm
quote : #4
Gforce means he re-purchased the game again. He bought a Canadian version, which comes with a second duplicate manual in French. Its just the US version with a French manual shrinkwrapped into the exterior of the disc case.

As for putting images on your VMU, you don't need a specific server to do this.

Saving Images to your Dreamcast VMU in DreamPassport browsers:
Place the cursor over the desired picture and press X + A on the controller.

JGR's internet functions were sort of superfulious. All sega provided was some images that were already unlockable in the game. The cool aspect if JGR is actually that it allows YOU the player, to draw up your own graffiti on paper, scan it in, upload it to the Internet and then download it with any DreamPassport browser and use it in JGR. It's the games ability to read image files off of the VMU that is special.

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:02 am
quote : #5
Does onlineconsoles.com have JGR graphic imagess to save to the VMU? If not it would be sweet to have that on the site wouldn't you think?

Also does anyone know what sites do have JGR images to DL?
Posted:
Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:29 pm
quote : #6
I tried it in the past but it just turned into a huge image dump, where people were putting up virtually any image of anything rather than trying to actually make graffiti. Some were doing graffiti, but there were lots of others that were not or were borderline and users were getting angry that their submissions were not getting approved.

At some point I will get an expanded guide up with info on how to take advantage of the image functions in JGR on an individual level. All one really needs is a place to upload the images on the internet, which could be free web space, and then access them with your DC.
Posted:
Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:26 am
quote : #7
Man that sucks. It would have been cool if we had like a section like that but just like the message boards be strict on what type of images should be posted. People who post it, will have to submit it to 3 judges. The 3 judges determine pass or failure. If failure/passed a notification is given to the person. Also if we had a board section dedicated to it, it could be where their graffiti could be critiqued before they even tried submitting it.

Ah well. Hey let me know how that guide comes along. I will be the first to read it *nods*.
Posted:
Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:44 pm
quote : #8
Ronin, I posted some of the images from a contest they had (along with some other images suitable for use in JGR) on a webpage I made at www.angelfire.com/dc/jkw/jgr . The PSO banner I have posted there looks awesome when used as a tag.

Also, thanks Lordnikon. I had forgotten how to save pics from the browser.

visit: www.angelfire.com/dc/jkw !
Ronin
rank 5
Posted:
Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:44 pm
quote : #9
Thanks man! I just hope my Dreamcast can read that website now.
Posted:
Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:22 am
quote : #10
I've split the JGR tags into 3 pages in an effort to keep the DC web browser from hanging up:
www.angelfire.com/dc/jkw/jgr
www.angelfire.com/dc/jkw/jgr2
www.angelfire.com/dc/jkw/jgr3

visit: www.angelfire.com/dc/jkw !
Ronin
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:46 am
quote : #11
Yeah I was about to say my Dreamcast browser froze on me when I tried checking it out.
Posted:
Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 am
quote : #12
Hey, How to download graffiti on JGR for Web Browser 2.0 NTSC U/C?

Echoplex
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:39 am
quote : #13
I'm able to save images with DreamPassport, how do I get them into the game? The images save to the VMU as "PASSPORT.000"

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:27 pm
quote : #14
In the graffiti editor, there is small option square in black lettering called "DL". There you should be able to load in an image saved to the VMU that you downloaded from the Internet.