Page Location: Home > Support > PC-DC Server > Topic
jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:43 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Hi guys, im gonna make an attempt at a pc / dc server. I basically have everything I need except a modem for the pc that im gonna use. I ran across this modem here - http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-V-92-Pci-Soft-Modem/dp/B000KCZ6L6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=12 39842238&sr=8-3 - and I just wanted to check with you guys to make sure it would work before i buy it. Or if you have any suggestions for one that will work 100%.
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org
hokman
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:06 am
quote : #2
should work, but i'm using aopen.
Posted:
Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:36 pm
quote : #3
Thanks for the reply hokman, what is the model number of the Aopen modem that you are using?
hokman
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:12 pm
quote : #4
I'm not sure but it's from 1999 56k internal.
I have a question too, is it possible to access pc files from dc using this server. server means serving data to others, so maybe it's possible?
Posted:
Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:42 pm
quote : #5
Thank you for the reply, and for posting your video on youtube. I can now say that I have a functioning pc/dc server Very Happy ! I just got it working earlier today, I havent had a chance to play any games with it, but I did get it to connect with planetweb 2.0, and on the first try at that! Thanks again for your help, and for everyone at oc for the guides and posts, etc,......Quake 3 this friday is gonna be great - now that im back online Laughing
hokman
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:44 pm
quote : #6
congrats! another successor. I haven't tried any games online yet, do I have to fiddle with winroute settings for that? Does only PSO v1 work? not v2?
Posted:
Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:38 am
quote : #7
Im really not sure to be honest, Im going to work on it thru out the week, to test some games, etc - ill let you know what I come across when I get that far Laughing