Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Ronin
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:57 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok I do not know why this is happening to me, but this didn't happen before. When I had shenmue and all, the game was working fine. I begin to plug it in to play and it does that but then when after a cutscene happened, the game froze. I open the GD tray and then close it and say, "Ah ok it's not so bad." Then all of a sudden when I press play it flashes the sega logo then goes back to the main one. Sh**...why me of all people does this have to happen. Ironically the game works at times and then doesn't work...could it be the Shenmue disc? because there is no scratches on it.
Posted:
Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:19 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
I have the same problem with several games, including Nomad Soul, Power Stone, Soul Reaver, Shadowman and sometimes Virtua Fighter 3. But I don't think it is of any use to open and then close the lid again, since this is like booting a game by closing the lid after you turned the DC on with an open lid.
(But to be honest, I tried that myself once, but since it did exactly what I feared it would do I didn't try to fix "frozen games" like this again Wink )