Page 1 of 1
peens
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:40 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
i have been considering buying this game for a while now, it looks pretty fun, do people actually play every friday?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:56 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Great game, Great Single Player, Great Multiplayer.

People do not play this every Friday. There really is no game that people play regularly every single day of the week. Peoples life schedules change often, and as with all online games that just consist of diehard players you need to poke around to find other people to play with.
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:04 am
quote : #3
Im not sure if Mertens still plays it regular on fridays. But Roman does. Or better spoken - Im sure he would play it - before regular quake III starts.
Posted:
Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:10 am
quote : #4
as nikon said it has great single player. its worth buying just to play the offline mode. the online is a nice change from some of the other games.

i am normally up for some starlancer, if i happen to see a game scheduled. i often do not check the organization thread though. so i miss many of them games. and at the moment i am in the middle of transitioning my DC from a phone connection to DC-PC server. so its going to be a while before i play any of the DCs online games. at least 2 to 3 weeks.
Posted:
Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:06 pm
quote : #5
thanks, i may consider getting this in the coming weeks, right now i am tring to get a copy of phantasy star online. but this game has always caught my eye.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:01 pm
quote : #6
yeah starlancer is a great game. its definitely worth the money it would cost to buy on ebay.

once i'm back from my travels to the middle of nowhere, i'll be available for games. i'll schedule something for the weekend of the 12th probably, so hopefully u have the game by then Very Happy. if not, i *try* to play once a week.
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 am
quote : #7
well, i have still yet to get a copy of starlancer, but i cant say that i never will get it. i dont have dialup anymore so it would take a bit of work to get to play online but, i am sure it would be worth it.

Arubeto
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:28 am
quote : #8
"Should i get starlancer?"

Yeah, you definitely should! It ranks as one of my top three DC games ever (together with Virtua Tennis 2 and Tokyo Bus Guide). It has great atmosphere, superb visuals, very good controls (which work perfectly with the DC pad!) and a nice story! Really a must-have, in my opinion!