Page 1 of 1
MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I would like to play this game at 6:30 PM GMT-4, on the fourth of July. If you plan on attending, please respond. I may cancel this if no one responds, because I've ended up connecting my monitor to my Dreamcast, connecting at the time I specified, and waiting five to ten minutes for someone to show up, only for no one to show up, far too many times.

(Bye the way fattony, sorry if I gave you the run-around on Wednesday. I got presumptuous, and assumed no one would show up, and thus canceled it. By the way, Pacific time is three hours behind Eastern time, so if your zone is Pacific, this would be at 3:30 for you. Keep in mind, the site's clock doesn't take daylight savings time into account.)
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:27 pm
quote : #2
heck ya I`m there

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:24 pm
quote : #3
Thank you for confirming. Just so we're synched up, it will be tomorrow about 4 hours before the time this post is being made at. So, do the math, based on whatever time is displayed on the front page of OC.

I should also mention that I might have to delay this by a bit, because my family might be having dinner then. Check this thread fifteen minutes before the event, for updates. You don't have contact info for any instant messaging programs. My aim ID's in my signature, and my jabber ID's in my profile. It would be beneficial if you signed up for either, (or preferably, both,) of these services, and listed your screennames for them in your profile and signature.
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:22 am
quote : #4
Will you use the biut in tracks???

Posted Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:23 am:

Ok so If I see you posted that at 830 I`ll meet you at 1230

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:48 am
quote : #5
Guys make sure your timezone's are set right on the forum, then go to the "Game Scheduler" and post your game and time there based on your own time. Then link the event here in this thread.

It will automatically do the math for all other users that view it. See the front of the game organization area for a clock to make sure your forum timezone settings are correct.

I wish I could join you guys but I am heading to a family members house for 4th of July. I should be available for some games this evening though.

-Nikon
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:56 pm
quote : #6
Wait you said 4 hours before so if I see 834 as when you posted that then I`ll be there at 4 oclock ok oh and if your there first make a chatroom becuase I got banned from evo1 becuase I called a guy a bad word for kicking me from his game
Also if I knew what those GMT-3 things meant I`d set up my timezone

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:37 pm
quote : #7
Here's the link to the Game Scheduler event I made:
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/cal_display.php?id=2123&cp_day_start=4&cp_mon_start=7&cp_ year_start=2009&cp_category=

GMT refers to one's time zone, in relation to the time in Greenwich. ( http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ ) Pacific Time zone, (which I'm assuming is yours,) is technically GMT-8, since the time in California is eight hours behind that in Greenwich, but because this is during daylight savings time, the correct time to set at OC is GMT-7. (After daylight savings time is over, change it back to GMT-8) You can edit the time in your profile. To be sure it's correct, go to http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/portal.php and see what time it says it is, and make sure that matches the time you see on your watch, or clock. If not, change the time zone settings in your profile until it does. (Even more info: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/ )

Also, so far it looks like I'll still be able to make it.
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:15 pm
quote : #8
ok I got it will be there

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:18 pm
quote : #9
I'm about to set up my Dreamcast. I'll post my ip address.

Also, you can make your own room from the game, but it won't get past the ban, afaik. Try using a different phone number, and see if you get a different IP Address. Otherwise, we'll have to do direct-ip join.

My ip address is 4.251.124.26:7647

Posted Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:48 pm:

It seems like either your time zone is incorrectly set, or you couldn't connect. I am strongly considering canceling this. At least I got to play two games with a PC user.
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:06 am
quote : #10
I was there its not the timezone. I couldn`t get in the evo1 room so I was in the tournment room I`ll try to change my number like you said how long do bans ussally last??

MasquedWarrior
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:42 pm
quote : #11
I've heard bans usually last a few weeks. If you got into another room, that's good, it means you won't necessarily have to resort to direct-ip joining.