Page 1 of 1
fattony
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:59 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok so I saw a game for DC called dreamarena it was only realsed in PAL regions and I guess it was an online only game so I check the online games list and it didn`t even have it in the terminated section.

polandDC
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:02 pm
quote : #2
Dreamarena was an european internet service, it was something like SegaNet in the North America. Dreamarena was also hotsing servers for most if not all of PAL online games. The game you saw might be an internet browser called DreamKey which was relased in Europe - PAL region instead of PlanetWeb in US. DreamKey browser allowed people to use of that service and browsing another websites.
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:42 pm
quote : #3
Type: Pal
Yup as Poland says Dreamarena was a Dreamcast exclusive website. It had chat rooms message boards and other activities. At one point yu could send for your free Chu chu rocket from Dreamarena. Dreamarean didnt host games it was a website, Sega europe hosted the Pal servers.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:55 pm
quote : #4
huhh Is there any game like that online only??

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:08 pm
quote : #5
fattony wrote:
huhh Is there any game like that online only??

I dont get what you mean? Dreamarena was a website, not a game.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:13 pm
quote : #6
It was a chat like website, I used to hang out there all the time back then

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
fattony
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:08 am
quote : #7
no I mean was there a game I know it wasn`t called dream arena but it was an online only game

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:39 am
quote : #8
Planet Ring?
Posted:
Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:44 am
quote : #9
I believe the game you are thinking about was called Planet Ring which came with a microphone, all of the games were only playable online. I'm not sure how many games were on the disc as it was a PAL release only.

polandDC
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:48 am
quote : #10
Blast wrote:
Dreamarean didnt host games it was a website

Yes PAL games were hosted by Sega but when going online with PSO or Chu Chu for example there always was a message - "Connecting to Dreamarena".
Posted:
Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:15 am
quote : #11
I believe planet ring had 4 games

Blue Rogues...Attack!!!
Saturn
rank 11
Posted:
Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:17 am
quote : #12
Type: PAL
Does Planetring have any use now? I have Planetring in my collection (Still in its seal) and i have no idea what to do with it.

But yeah Dreamarena was the online service that we had in Europe, basically Europes answer to SEGAnet. Well in theory it was more like an ISP we used to get online until March 2003 when Dreamkey 3.0 came out and let us changed the settings to our own ISP.
PSO: Saturn

Selling my Dreamcast Broadband Adapter, contact me via private message if you are interested
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:59 pm
quote : #13
Saturn wrote:
Does Planetring have any use now?

Outside of sitting pretty in a collection? Nope.

I do not own the game, but I am fairly certain that all you can do now is run around the planet. You have to be online to access any of the games.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:49 pm
quote : #14
polandDC wrote:
Blast wrote:
Dreamarean didnt host games it was a website

Yes PAL games were hosted by Sega but when going online with PSO or Chu Chu for example there always was a message - "Connecting to Dreamarena".

If you connect online now with an older Dreamkey disc it will say connecting to dreamarena even when its not. That was a term just for display purposes all the games and Dreamarena were hosted by Sega europe.

TheMytho wrote:
Saturn wrote:
Does Planetring have any use now?

Outside of sitting pretty in a collection? Nope.

I do not own the game, but I am fairly certain that all you can do now is run around the planet. You have to be online to access any of the games.

Yep all you can do is run around the planet and listen to the rather funky music. For anyone thats interested there were some links on the forum of some online games of planetring that were played. They were hosted on Youtube, no idea if they are still up.

Laters