Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:30 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
My parents LOVE the dreamcast. The puzzle games mostly. They are always on it, one reason why i no longer play the dreamcast as much as i use to Razz but they always play it. So anyways, earlier this morning the dreamcast stopped reading games. I tried cleaning the lense and some games do end up loading while other make the dreamcast do this ugly spinning noice. I've tried music disks and does load flawlessly. What could be the problem? Lense needs to be cleaned? I've tried that...

Saturn
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:33 pm
quote : #2
Type: PAL
But do the others actually work? Also what games worked?
PSO: Saturn

Selling my Dreamcast Broadband Adapter, contact me via private message if you are interested
YO-Q
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:43 pm
quote : #3
also don't just test the game to see if it boots you have to play it for 5 minutes to see if the laser keeps reading the games it does read.. are you playing all pressed Gigabyte disc or back up cdrs?
Posted:
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:12 pm
quote : #4
Well, I tried Re-volt. I was able to make it work after cleaning the lense a bit. It loaded perfectly. I played a few races and then tried a backup cd'r. It loaded as well. I tried loading another GD-rom disk and this time it wouldn't load it. I cleaned lense again this time it load it but gaved it the ugly noice again.

lisalover1
rank 4
Posted:
Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:48 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U
have you tried adjusting the potentiometer? I hear that raising it up helps read games better. Anyway, my parents love my Dreamcast, too. I can't get my mom to stop playing Bust-A-Move 4 and Samba De Amigo. Laughing

Metal Hedgehog
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:19 pm
quote : #6
My parents enjoy tetris and some emu of nes games i gave them. My dad played the nes games a lot when i was little, we owned one. So yeah, they would play it a ton. They enjoyed chu chu rocket as well! My mom was better at me then i was! Razz

Sad day today. It turns out the lens just was dead. I have another dreamcast and tried to replace the lens drive and it turns out both are broken... no i'm lens drive less Sad

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:34 am
quote : #7
Well get a new one - a dreamcast - who knows why - ll cost you around 20,- $. But stop playing 2 much CD-Rs - or get a third one soon. Rolling Eyes
Posted:
Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:22 pm
quote : #8
The only CD-r game was the nes emulators. Everything else was original! I have a nice collection of imported dreamcast fighting games! The japanese version of marvel vs capcom 2 is easy or the cpu is. I love LOVE the art that's the only reason why i imported just to get the cooler covers:D and i'll be getting a new dc eventually. I wanna do a quake 3 match. I always want to but when ever i go and look no one is there Sad