Page 1 of 1
erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:19 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
uhg... today i tryed making a pc/dc server and i succeded/failed the pc ansered the call and my dc was connected to my pc everything was smoth until it said "unable to contact host name could not be found somthing like that on my dc" i think its has somthing todo with my dns... any if any 1 can help me would be happy ps: i was on planet web 3 and i was conected but i could not go on any site's it keep't saying unbale to conctac host blah blah

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:31 pm:

erb365 wrote:
uhg... today i tryed making a pc/dc server and i succeded/failed the pc ansered the call and my dc was connected to my pc everything was smoth until it said "unable to contact host name could not be found somthing like that on my dc" i think its has somthing todo with my dns... any if any 1 can help me would be happy ps: i was on planet web 3 and i was conected but i could not go on any site's it keep't saying unbale to conctac host blah blah

NVM NVM what i figured it out! what i did was i skiped the part to download winroot i tought it was only for games but turns out u also need it for planet web 3 problem solved! i also tried pso and played quake 3 with some budies cant play max pool ,4x4 or startlancer cuz of my broadband isp but let this be a lesson if any 1 serch this

jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:32 am
quote : #2
Hi erb - you should be able to play all 5 of the online games with your pc/dc server. I basically went thru the same thing several months back when i set mine up. Read the guide here on the site about setting up your server it will tell you everything that you need to do to get all games working. For 4x4 evo you have to open ports on your router to get it to work properly. and with my experience with max pool, it doesnt dial immediately - it takes about 10 seconds for the dc to dial out after you hit connect. AS far as starlancer, i really dont think there is anything special that you have to do, but ive only played that game like twice in the time that ive owned it - just really not my thing Confused
Just keep trying - you'll get it working
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org
erb365
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 pm
quote : #3
jjc5150 wrote:
Hi erb - you should be able to play all 5 of the online games with your pc/dc server. I basically went thru the same thing several months back when i set mine up. Read the guide here on the site about setting up your server it will tell you everything that you need to do to get all games working. For 4x4 evo you have to open ports on your router to get it to work properly. and with my experience with max pool, it doesnt dial immediately - it takes about 10 seconds for the dc to dial out after you hit connect. AS far as starlancer, i really dont think there is anything special that you have to do, but ive only played that game like twice in the time that ive owned it - just really not my thing Confused
Just keep trying - you'll get it working

actualy i have tryed so many things and i know my isp is not compatible with thos other games beacas i tryed them b4 with my isp but on dialup cus my isp accepts broadband and dialup also i dont have a router im conected directly to my modem so i dont need to forward any ports anywere lol but thx tho