Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
Chris3025
rank 6
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:32 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I was just wondering if its possible to chat during the game? it feels too isolated like i'm just talking to myself after fragging or being fragged lol

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes, you can chat during the match Smile I chat quite a bit when I am playing, like saying "nice shot" or sometimes getting into a game discussion for a bit. Though I do always try to keep the action going and tend to chat less when the action is getting fierce.

Press F12 on the keyboard to bring up the command console to better read the chat log.
Posted:
Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:50 pm
quote : #3
Dont chat during a running game - the stages are so small and the game is so fast . It took only secs 2 reach the target. Mr. Green
(there is ever enough time 2 sit and chat after a round - simple DO NOT press fire Razz)
Posted:
Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:02 pm
quote : #4
oh sweet, dreamcast really is advanced isn't it Razz so theres no way to chat with just the controller huh :/

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:53 am
quote : #5
Get a kb m8 - they dont cost the world!
Posted:
Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:29 am
quote : #6
No they don't Razz I've become very cheap as of late so I'm not interested in spending cash on a keyboard. I figured out how to chat during the game using the controller and it does the job fine. I'm glad Raster and Id left this as an option Smile

michaelbell85
rank 1
Posted:
Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:18 pm
quote : #7
anyone explain how to chat in game then

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:56 pm
quote : #8
If you are using a controller and wish to chat during the game I believe you have to map the "open chat" function to a button in the controller configuration menu.
Posted:
Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:18 am
quote : #9
When I was on the pad exclusively I mapped my keyboard button to up on the dpad, but thats just me. Just try to keep it away from important gameplay buttons.