Page 1 of 1
TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:28 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
http://gamasutra.com/view/news/206823/Report_Independent_studio_Terminal_Reality_has_shut_down.php

Developer Terminal Reality has shut down after 19 years of business. While the company has not officially confirmed the closure, a former employee posted that the company is now defunct.

I have no idea what this means for the future of 4x4 Evolution, as last I heard, they were hosting the servers. If anyone is able to contact Terminal Reality, please let us know.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:03 am
quote : #2
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Since I still have dialup access I will connect with 4x4 Evo to see what happens. I thought the server was down for a period, but then came back. I always thought someone at Terminal Reality still hosted the game because it had to go to master.4x4evolution.com to get online.

Terminal Reality is a very old game company in the industry, and started in the golden age of computers with founding members being a part of the publisher "GOD Games" aka Gathering of Developers. Some sites havn't been making this historical distinction, which is puzzling to me.