Page Location: Home > Classic Sega > Topic
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:29 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
how do i erase some of the save files off of the back up ram on my Sega CD? i turned it on with out a CD in it but that didn't seem to work. i searched the web, but didn't find much about it.

edit: i figured it out. i had to use a game that featured a built in memory manager. so i used Sonic CD to erase all the old files.
Posted:
Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 am
quote : #2
I could have sworn there is a way to boot into the Sega CD's memory management on startup. Maybe the CDX is different. I will have to try out my CDX and original Sega CD to see if there is a difference.
Posted:
Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:35 pm
quote : #3
You're supposed to be able to hold the C button when booting it up, but I don't remember that ever working for me on my CDX. If you put an audio CD in, it will take you to the cd player menu and from there you can access the memory manager.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:15 am
quote : #4
i tried out the methods you mentioned SEGA RPG FAN. holding down C before turning on the CDX works great. it brings you to a menu that looks something like the CD player menu. you then select memory, system memory or cartridge.

though holding C worked fine, i don't see any memory options in the actual CD player menu?

edit
after playing with my Sega CD (not CDX) holding C doesn't work for it. for some reason holding C works fine on the CDX, but not on a model 2 Sega CD. for the Sega CD have to power it on with a game in and wait for it to say "press start". then i can hit A,B or C to get into the memory options. Razz