Page Location: Home > General Online > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:20 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I made a brand new thread for this, so we are starting fresh on this topic (the old one was a mess for various reasons).

What game released on the Sega Dreamcast that didn't have online multiplayer, would have been great for online play? Please see the online game list for all regions to see which games have had online support already. Yes Power Stone 2 already had online, so don't list it. I know everyone would have wanted to play that online, and was never able to experience it, but thats not what this thread is about. It is about talking about offline games that may not have necessarily been designed for online multiplayer in the first place, but would have been perfect for it.

So the game I would have liked to see online was either of the Tokyo Extreme Racer games. The race dueling and open world maps would have been awesome for online play, as well as the dark city atmosphere. Plus it would have been cool to sport emblem designs online.
Posted:
Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:39 pm
quote : #2
Cannon Spike would have been really fun too. Co-op games have been some of the most fun I've had online.

Jet Grind Radio would have been excellent as well if done right (co-op or competitive, either way).

Also, Armada is almost assumed in this category. Again I love co-op, so going through this with 4 people online would have been awesome.

Also if fighting games weren't so susceptible to lag I'd say Mark of the Wolves too, but I bet it would lag bad.

pannta
rank 5
Posted:
Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:10 pm
quote : #3
Charge and blast
Fire pro wrestling D
Posted:
Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:36 am
quote : #4
Crazy Taxi 2 should have had an online mode where you could have up to four drivers online on a map. There would be a set number of people to pick up and deliver and the winner is the one with the highest cash total. Or another mode where the winner is the one delivers the highest number of people.

Throw in a team mode (2 vs 2) and it would have been a blast.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:17 am
quote : #5
Type: Pal
ORtrail wrote:
Crazy Taxi 2 should have had an online mode where you could have up to four drivers online on a map. There would be a set number of people to pick up and deliver and the winner is the one with the highest cash total. Or another mode where the winner is the one delivers the highest number of people.

Throw in a team mode (2 vs 2) and it would have been a blast.

How about a challenge mode too. In challenge mode 2 teams take it in turn to be the taxis and the passengers. Passengers could ask to be taken to certain locations and set certain goals and rewards maybe even instant failures. Most cash wins or least failures wins. You couild also have a pool of money and play endless until one side bankrupts the other or have it time limited.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:26 am
quote : #6
I agree with Tokyo Xtreme Racer...that game would be sweet to play online.

Also think that Le Man 24 Hour (aka Test Drive) would have been killer online. Would rack up a hell of a phone bill trying to do the 24 hr race online though!

Kbuzz
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:30 am
quote : #7
I find it interesting now to see how few of my favourite games did not have any online functionality.

I'd love to have some Virtua Tennis 2 online though!
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:44 am
quote : #8
Type: NTSC-U
Expendable would have been great, or vigilante 8: 2nd offense. both prime candidates in my opinion.

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:55 pm
quote : #9
Funny you mention that ORtrail, since I heard Crazy Taxi 2 was slated to have an online mode. What it would have consisted of is a mystery. I think you had the right idea though, having people compete in the same city and using either cash or passengers delivered as the scoring method. It would have worked well if it was implemented like F355 Challenge, where everyone is in their own instance of the city and the scores are tallied up after time is over.

davesanti
rank 3
Posted:
Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:20 pm
quote : #10
Metropolis Street Racer would have been good, the only thing you could do internet wise was submit your racing score.
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:05 am
quote : #11
I would have loved to see San Francisco Rush 2049 online.

NB-DanTE
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:26 pm
quote : #12
Type: PAL
Dynamite Cop, Virtua Striker 2000
Posted:
Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:29 pm
quote : #13
Rez

How it could work

# of Players a are put into a level, designed for deathmatch, all of the enemies, powers up and anything of the sort would be there, killing the other players would give some kind of big bonus, like gaining half of there total score, getting hit would make you lose points, As would dieing and losing levels. What if the enemies progressively got harder like they do in singleplayer until a boss stage?