Page 1 of 1
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:42 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
i got a model 2 sega CD today and i can't figure out where this extra screw and small metal piece goes. ok so here is what it came with. 2 small black screws and 3 metal pieces. one metal piece goes inside the genesis and one larger metal plate goes on the bottom of the genesis. i can't figure out where the last small metal part goes? one of the screws goes in the bottom of the genesis, but i can't figure out where the 2nt screw goes? the genesis wants to slide around a little to much for my liking so i want to figure out where these other parts go so i can eliminate the sliding.
Posted:
Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:37 pm
quote : #2
I would love to see pictures of what you are talking about. I have a Model 2 Sega CD... but some of the parts you are referring to I don't remember using. So some pics would greatly help if possible.
Posted:
Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:42 pm
quote : #3
One of the plates fits around/into the expansion slot, the small plate fits next to the vent holes and the large plate fits over the whole bottom.

http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/NINTENDO/SEGA%20CD%20MODEL%202%20GENESIS -_E

I've seen another version of the instruction manual that only mentioned the one big plate. They probably ditched the excess plates in later revisions.
Official Servers: (formerly) Nawara'ven
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:57 pm
quote : #4
SEGA RPG FAN i downloaded the PDF of the manual from your link and i will read it later when i get home to see if i can figure this out. Nikon i uploaded some pictures for you.

edit
i followed the instructions from the manual and i still have no idea what the extra screw is for? also the genesis can still easily slide off.

this one shows 3 of the plates and the 2 screws. the other plate is stuck inside of my genesis so i cant take it out.

here is the one that is stuck inside of the genesis.

and here is the plate and one of the screws attached to the genesis. the remaining parts are the ones i am having trouble with.
Posted:
Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:29 pm
quote : #5
I see you said it was a SEGA CD 2 but which Genesis are you hooking it up to?

if its a Genesis 2 on a SEGA CD 2 you won't need the metal plate because it fits.

otherwise if its a Genesis 1 on a SEGA CD 2 the plate is for the Genesis 1 because the Genny 1 hangs over the side of of the SEGA CD 2 hence a small bit of PLASTIC and the metal piece to hold it in place.

I since I had a 2 on CD 2 I ended up sending my piece to a friend who needed the pieces to hold it together.

re-reading it sounds like you're missing the plastic strip that goes under the Genesis 1 part that hangs off of the CD 2.
gary_b
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:51 pm
quote : #6
the manual says to put that plate on the model 2 Genesis as well as the model 1. btw i have both a model 1 and the model 2 Genesis. i'm using the model 2 Genesis with the Sega CD so that i can hook my 32x up to complete the tower of power. Twisted Evil finding a 32x cord for the model 1 Genesis would be a pain in the ass.

DaMan you made me think of something though. maybe the extra screw is for that plastic part that i'm missing or for connecting a model 1 Genesis?